Crystal's Reviews > Hollywood is Like High School With Money

Hollywood is Like High School With Money by Zoey Dean

Jun 08, 2009

bookshelves: arc, reviewed, read-july-2009

I really enjoyed reading this book. It was my first book by Zoey Dean and I will look to her backlist to read some more. She really seems to have her pulse on the younger female trying to make her way in the world (and this is not truly exclusive to the 20-something female - it's true for all females).

From the beginning I liked Taylor - I could identify with her. Wanting to succeed at what she was doing, yet she's not truly a backstabber or an extreme go-getter. However in Hollywood, she has to reinvent herself to get ahead unlike how she was in high school. Enter her boss' daughter who gives her lessons on how to get ahead. Also her co-worker becomes her nemesis and she tries to do all she can to sabotage her, even accidentally falling for her boyfriend.

Even though Taylor begins to change, her true self still shines through. It's a novel about growth and learning to be yourself and still get ahead. There are twists and turns, some laughs and some times I needed a tissue. It's a real story, yet it lets you getaway for awhile. You can be Taylor and feel all her emotions, and that is something that shows a great story.

Check it out - you won't be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hollywood is Like High School With Money.

June 8, 2009 – Shelved
June 8, 2009 – Shelved as: arc
July 21, 2009 –
page 152
52.78% "This is really good so far."
Started Reading
July 23, 2009 –
page 256
88.89% "Wow - this was a really great book!"
July 23, 2009 – Finished Reading