Ari's Reviews > Things We Know by Heart

Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby

♥ Another story that steals my breath away...

I can hardly explain it, can barely describe the amount of happiness I felt bursting from my heart when I picked up this book, but know that this story is totally and utterly beautiful, sometimes in such an aching way, sometimes filling one's heart with so much delight.

There is grieve, there is love, there is hope, there is happiness.
Jessi can create the most romantic and lovely moments ever, also the deepest and the most heartbreaking, leaving you truly breathless and making your heart skip quite a few beats on the way.

If you fell in love with her other stories you will simply adore this one! It was all that I wanted.. everything I hoped for, and my expectations were actually sky-high. Her best so far!

Without knowing it, Jessi has created in this story scenes that I dreamt about, or things that I hold close to my heart, or places I would love to visit and things I’d like to do or see for myself. She has created characters I would love to meet someday and beautiful, intense love(s) that could never die. “Things We Know by Heart” was emotional, but also romantic and fun!

Also, Quinn and Colton are sensational.
I loved how crazy and clumsy their first meeting was, I loved how they couldn’t stay away from each other from that point on (though Quinn struggled and the truth was killing her inside), I loved how they used every opportunity to have the best days ever, together. The sweetest even.

I won’t say anything about the storyline because it’s way too early and I am not much into that anyways. For me what counts is what a book makes me feel, and this one managed to make me feel plenty and all soooo very good!

The writing is beautiful and lyrical and I have tons of quotes that I love from the bottom of my heart. As Quinn says, I wish I would be able to keep these feelings in a bottle, to have them and remember them forever. It is perfect, guys, this book is absolutely perfect!

Happy midnight reading!

More thoughts and love here! ♥

____________________________________________

Blog (EN) | Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr | Bloglovin' | Blog (RO)
____________________________________________

PRE-READING THOUGHTS:

Edit 2#:
Oh, I need this so very badly!

Edit 1#:
We have a cover, which is simple - and simple is good.
We have a book description, which is already breaking my heart.

Dear Jessi,
I gave my heart to all your other books, take care of it in this one.

Edit #0 - My reaction to finding about a new book from Jessi Kirby:

I have no idea what this story will be about, but if the author is Jessi I simply don't care - I'm pretty sure I'll end up loving it like all the others :D

And it comes out near my birthday, which is pretty cool!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Things We Know by Heart.

April 12, 2013 – Shelved
June 23, 2014 – Shelved as: 2015
October 2, 2014 – Shelved as: need-so-badly
November 22, 2014 – Started Reading
November 22, 2014 –
20.0% "My husband just told me earlier: "You are NOT keeping calm" :)) Enough said ♥"
November 22, 2014 – Shelved as: my-kingdom-for-an-arc
November 22, 2014 – Shelved as: soon-to-come
November 22, 2014 – Finished Reading
December 10, 2014 – Shelved as: standalone
March 6, 2018 – Shelved as: mixed

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I follow Jessi on Instagram and occasionally she'll post updates about her writing process. I think the story has to do with an organ donor. From what little I know, it reminds me a bit of "Searching for David's Heart".

message 2: by Ari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ari Sounds interesting, I can't wait to find more about it :D

Патріцк (pro surfer) I hate technology Im stickin with books

message 4: by Ari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ari But what technology are you willing to give up on for books? :)

Патріцк (pro surfer) iPads computers

message 6: by Just (new)

Just  Read Ariii, this sounds amazing!!!! I can't wait for it to come out to read it!

message 7: by Ari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ari I loved all her books, still this one is probably my favourite so far ♥
I enjoyed it so much that from time to time I simply stopped reading just to give it a hug, LOL! And that's how much I love it!

message 8: by Just (new)

Just  Read Well that's a very good sign. The only thing I wanted to do with some of my books was throw them around the room. I really need one that makes me want to hug.

I am so happy that you've enjoyed it, now I know that I will probably too.

message 9: by Ari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ari Yeah, there are books like that too. But I am only interested in stories like this one, that make me happy by simply reading them. I could have been reading for weeks about these characters without noticing or getting bored. I really.. but really didn't want it to end.

message 10: by Just (new)

Just  Read Based on the fact that this book comes out next year, there might be enough time to see how I like this author's stories, which you say you loved so much. I'll see which one will appeal to me best and I'll give it a try :)

message 11: by Ari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ari Yep, that might be a great idea and I hope that you will enjoy any of them as much as I did. At this point I would read anything from this author - 4 books in a row and my love for her writing is still growing!

Devyani The best ever you say? God, can't wait for this one! :)

message 13: by Ari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ari It's a bit hard to compare, because I loved all her books, but yeah, i think I like this one the most :)

Jasprit Wow that was a super fast read Ari!! Your review has me even more excited about giving this book a go Ari, thrilled that you loved it!

message 15: by Ari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ari I've been dreaming about this book for so long. The moment I got it I didn't do anything else except for reading it (though I should've been reading other books). It's even more emotional than her other books, and I LOVE it!

message 16: by Miggi (new)

Miggi Matugas Where did you get an advance copy of this? Nice review, btw