Mei's Reviews > Wait for Me

Wait for Me by Elisabeth Naughton

bookshelves: contemporary

The story was sooo intriguing that I couldn't resist reading this book! Who wouldn't? *wink*

A woman, without memory of her prior life; a man (rich, gorgeous... bla, bla, bla), crazy in love with his dead wife...

What do you think? Who is the woman?

Misteryyyyyyy....

The story is interesting and it should have made a very, very good thriller, but... to me it dragged a little. To much time was spent in inner, Kate's or Ryan's, musing about what is happening and why.

At the beginning, Kate's perplexity about what is happening is interesting and very true. What whould you do if the man who you thought was your husband is not your husband at all? What is all the life you're able to remember is just a bunch of lies? And on top of it: you don't remember anything two years prior...

So she start searching for the truth... and discovers that, not only there's another TRUE husband, but there's also a daughter! And a brother! And in-laws, and friends she never remembered...

Frightening, no?

But... after this moment the story starts loosing its shine...

Her reasoning, so very true before, becomes a stereotypical romance. Like: Ohhh.. I'm sooo attracted to him... But I don't want to be hurt... Ohhh... I wouldn't survive if he leaves me... so I have to leave him... No, I don't want to leave him... But I must... - you know the drivel, no?

While all this musing goes on, they're investigating the why of her resurrection, because she was supposedly dead in an airplane crash. So how she survived, why she was in a coma, who her (view spoiler) dead husband really is, and so on.

There should have been a ton of things to investigate thoroughly, but instead they were just slightly touched. Much more time was dedicated to musings, broken hearts, emotions... There were also some TSTL actions, both done by Kate and Simone (her councelor friend): (view spoiler)

Than there's the issue of her new-found daughter: Julia. I had the feeling she was 16, insead we're told she's 9... I don't know, but I wouldn't think a 9 years old girl could reason like she did. (view spoiler)

Obviously, the chemistry between Kate and Ryan is sizzling and the sex scene are good, but I must admit I liked better the side-romance between Mitch and Simone.

Summing it all, the character I liked most was the brother: Mitch! He was funny, not overly complicated, straitforward, obviously gorgeous (but, hey, it's a romace novel!)... His actions make sense!

Well, now you'll ask yourself why the 4 stars... well, it was interesting and the writing was good. I think it could have been much better if it was longer and more time dedicated to the thrilling/mistery part and less on inner dialogues!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wait for Me.

April 12, 2013 – Started Reading
April 12, 2013 – Shelved
April 14, 2013 – Finished Reading
April 15, 2013 – Shelved as: contemporary

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)

Blacky *Romance Addict* oh!!!!! I so want to read this one!!! looking forward to your thoughts on it :))))

message 2: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei I've just read 3 pages... it seems good... I hope so...

Blacky *Romance Addict* ahahahhah well nice to know at least 3 pages are good :D

Blacky *Romance Addict* and happy reading :DDDD

message 5: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei Thanks! :D

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra This looks interesting. Hope you'll enjoy! Looking forwards to your review Mei! :)

message 7: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei Blacky, Sandra, here it is! Hope you'll like it! Even if it's not what you expected, I think... *wink*

Glamdring Great review, Mei! :)
I loved that book.

message 9: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Awesome review! Glad you liked it enough to keep on reading! :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Great review Mei!
Now I don't know what to think!!! But I am definitely going to try it out :))))

Glamdring Blacky *Must have HEA* wrote: "Great review Mei!
Now I don't know what to think!!! But I am definitely going to try it out :))))"

Yes! Try it out!!! :)))

Blacky *Romance Addict* I have it as buddy read with V, but who knows when we'll get to it LOL

message 13: by Jill (new)

Jill I've had this one for ages. Hmmmm....just not sure though. Really good review, Mei!

message 14: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei Glamdring wrote: "Great review, Mei! :)
I loved that book."

Thanks, Glam! :D

message 15: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei Sandra wrote: "Awesome review! Glad you liked it enough to keep on reading! :)"

Thanks, Sandra! :D
I hate not to finish the book once started... so... *shrug*

message 16: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei Blacky *Must have HEA* wrote: "Great review Mei!

Thanks Blacky! You try it out and I'll be very curious to read your review when you've finished it! *wink*

message 17: by Mo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mo Great review.

message 18: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei Jill wrote: "I've had this one for ages. Hmmmm....just not sure though. Really good review, Mei!"

Thanks, Jill! :D
I understand... if you're not sure enough, you should read first something you're sure about! No? *wink*

message 19: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei Mo wrote: "Great review."

Thanks, Mo! :D

message 20: by Jill (new)

Jill Mei wrote: "Jill wrote: "I've had this one for ages. Hmmmm....just not sure though. Really good review, Mei!"

Thanks, Jill! :D

Thanks Mei!

message 21: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei Jill wrote: "Thanks Mei!"

:D

Duchess Nicole This sounds good! I've not read any by this author but I keep seeing her. I miss Rom Suspense!

message 23: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei Duchess Nicole wrote: "This sounds good! I've not read any by this author but I keep seeing her. I miss Rom Suspense!"

Yes, it was interesting. I LOVE Romantic Suspense!
It's nice to read one historica, on RS, one PRN, so it never gets boring! You should try it! :D

Duchess Nicole I've been bouncing around within genres, but for some reason I keep skipping over RS. I'm going to get back to it soon. I miss my SEALs and my Special Ops boys and my officers, haha!!

message 25: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei Duchess Nicole wrote: "I've been bouncing around within genres, but for some reason I keep skipping over RS. I'm going to get back to it soon. I miss my SEALs and my Special Ops boys and my officers, haha!!"

Hehehe!! I know the feeling! :D

message 26: by Mo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mo Duchess Nicole wrote: "I've been bouncing around within genres, but for some reason I keep skipping over RS. I'm going to get back to it soon. I miss my SEALs and my Special Ops boys and my officers, haha!!"

Duchess Nicole Mo wrote: "Duchess Nicole wrote: "I've been bouncing around within genres, but for some reason I keep skipping over RS. I'm going to get back to it soon. I miss my SEALs and my Special Ops boys and my offic..."

Me Toooooo!!! That whole series...amazing! RS was my obsession for a couple of years...Linda Howard, Nora Roberts, Sandra Brown, Suzanne Brockmann...I've read almost everything they've all ever written!

message 28: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei Mo wrote: "Suzanne Brockmann was who good me hooked on those Navy Seals.... I swear I was read to emigrate to California where they train. "

For me it was Cindy Gerard and her Black Ops and Bodyguards! :D

message 29: by Mo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mo Duchess Nicole wrote: "Mo wrote: "Duchess Nicole wrote: "I've been bouncing around within genres, but for some reason I keep skipping over RS. I'm going to get back to it soon. I miss my SEALs and my Special Ops boys a..."

could never get into Nora Roberts - read one of hers Irish Hearts and thought it was the greatest load of sh##e I ever read. I think being Irish I was a bit sensitive as she portrayed us as being idiots living in the backwaters..... then again I absolutely love the J.D. ROBB In Death books.

Duchess Nicole Mei wrote: "Mo wrote: "Suzanne Brockmann was who good me hooked on those Navy Seals.... I swear I was read to emigrate to California where they train. "

For me it was Cindy Gerard and her Black Ops and Bodygu..."

Oh, yes...I read her last year! I still need to read her first series!!

message 31: by Mo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mo Sorry Mei, we are taking over your review here..... will go away now.

message 32: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei Duchess Nicole wrote: "Oh, yes...I read her last year! I still need to read her first series!! "

You're in for a real treat with Cindy! :D

Duchess Nicole Mo wrote: "Duchess Nicole wrote: "Mo wrote: "Duchess Nicole wrote: "I've been bouncing around within genres, but for some reason I keep skipping over RS. I'm going to get back to it soon. I miss my SEALs an..."

That was her VERY first book, Mo! And honest to God, she LOVES Ireland, and has written many, many books set there or about people from there. I credit her with some of my fascination with the country, seriously. You should try another trilogy from her...set in Ireland...I little bit of fantasy but set in modern days.
Jewels of the Sun (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts Tears of the Moon (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish Trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts Heart of the Sea (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish Trilogy, #3) by Nora Roberts

Duchess Nicole I'd say her love of Ireland is one of the things that stands out about her.

message 35: by Mo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mo Duchess Nicole wrote: "Mo wrote: "Duchess Nicole wrote: "Mo wrote: "Duchess Nicole wrote: "I've been bouncing around within genres, but for some reason I keep skipping over RS. I'm going to get back to it soon. I miss ..."

I don't think I can Nicole. I was badly burned by that first one.....

message 36: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei Mo wrote: "Sorry Mei, we are taking over your review here..... will go away now."

No, don't worry! I love chatting with you! :D

Alexis *Reality Bites* Great review, Mei!!!

message 38: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei Alexis ~*Your official Book PIMP*~ wrote: "Great review, Mei!!!"

Thanks Alexis! :D

message 39: by Page (new)

Page Passion Lovethat Kyle Richards gif!.

message 40: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei Aaliyah wrote: "Lovethat Kyle Richards gif!."

Me too! It's really funny! :D

message 41: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei Thanks, Vilda!
That gif is really popular! LOL

Adictabooks Es una magnífica novela, con una historia que lo tiene todo y hace una mezcla de sensaciones que te enganchan desde la primera página.

Me ha gustado mucho como ha descrito a los personajes y como se va desarrollando la historia hasta que se descubre el “pastel”. Es un libro con una gran historia de suspense e intriga, que esconde una hermosa historia de amor; donde se descubre que si uno quiere todo lo puede al confiar.

La única pega bajo mi opinión es cuando se trata en el libro del tratamiento médico que es un poco lioso todo, pero eso no es necesario en sí para que el libro deje de tener ese encanto.

Mi calificación es de un 8.

message 43: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei .... hmmm... Lectora... I don't speak Spanish... I suppose you wrote in Spanish, right?