Katie G's Reviews > This Song Will Save Your Life

This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

bookshelves: 2013-book-list, contemporary, for-my-classroom, favorites, ya-lit-class, young-adult

This book dealt with heavier issues than I was expecting, but that just made me like it even more. Elise definitely has some issues, but I also found her really easy to relate to. She was a realistic character, as were all of the other characters in this book, which I appreciated. A lot of the time you get a fully developed main character but rather flat side characters. That was not the case here.

I had to go back and look up this quote, but it's one of my favorites. (view spoiler).

That's absolutely true. If you want to fit in, you can't be special. You just have to decide if fitting in is worth giving up what makes you special. I wish I had been able to read this book when I was in high school.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Song Will Save Your Life.

Quotes Katie Liked

Leila Sales
“Don't be special." That's what I would say to my younger self if I could pinpoint the moment when I went astray. But there was no one moment. I was always astray”
Leila Sales, This Song Will Save Your Life

September 26, 2013 – Shelved as: favorites
September 26, 2013 – Shelved as: ya-lit-class
September 26, 2013 – Shelved as: young-adult
September 26, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Edwina (new) - added it

Edwina Did you like ?

Katie G Edwina wrote: "Did you like ?"

Absolutely! I'll be posting a review soon.

message 3: by Edwina (new) - added it

Edwina Edwina wrote: "Did you like ?"

Thank you :) Love to hear your say on it!