Carol [Goodreads Addict]'s Reviews > A Shade of Blood

A Shade of Blood by Bella Forrest

bookshelves: vampires, paranormal-fantasy, young-adult

I believe that I liked book two even more than I did book one. Book two, A Shade of Blood, starts right off where the first book left off. Ben and Sofia are being escorted to the port to leave the island of The Shade. And, right there, at the very beginning of the book, Bella Forrest got me, hook, line, and sinker, when Sofia and Derek share their first kiss, a passionate good bye kiss, and Derek utters the words, "Sofia, stay." My heart broke. Each chapter of this book is from a different person's POV which I really liked. I felt it really helped me to dig deeper into each character to know what motivates them to say and do the things they do. We really get to know Ben better in this book. I spent a lot of time switching back and forth between team Ben and team Derek. At times, I was even frustrated and a little angry with Derek. Even though he is the all feared Prince of The Shade, when Sofia leaves the island and he kind of goes "dark," it made him seem weak to me. That without Sofia there, he could do such despicable things. And it ends on a huge cliff hanger. I did not see that coming at all! I really did love this book and I can't wait for book three. Thank you Bella Forrest.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Shade of Blood.

April 10, 2013 – Shelved
June 11, 2013 – Started Reading
page 7
2.06% "Just started this and already my heart is breaking. "Sofia, stay." -Derek Novak"
page 61
page 101
June 12, 2013 –
page 125
36.76% "Am I team Derek or team Ben??? I'm so conflicted!!!"
June 12, 2013 –
page 169
49.71% ""I don't understand why, but somehow....you never quite lost me." -Sofia"
June 13, 2013 –
page 242
June 13, 2013 – Finished Reading
June 15, 2013 – Shelved as: vampires
July 2, 2013 – Shelved as: paranormal-fantasy
November 18, 2015 – Shelved as: young-adult

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

EmeraldMeadow I liked this one better, too!! Can't wait to start book 3, but there are so many in the series, I don't want it to get boring, so I'm FORCING myself to take a break and read a different book before delving into book 3!

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Cherie wrote: "I liked this one better, too!! Can't wait to start book 3, but there are so many in the series, I don't want it to get boring, so I'm FORCING myself to take a break and read a different book befor..."

Oh Cherie, there is soooo much still to happen. You're right, there are a lot of books in the series. I still have to read 8, 9, & 10. I hope to get to them soon. I'm so glad you are loving this series. :)