Ronda Tutt's Reviews > Priestess of Avalon

Jun 05, 2009

bookshelves: fantacy, historical-romance
Read in January, 2010

Another great read

The story of Helena and Constantius was great and I was so glad that they did not die after their first communion like most of the stories in this series and was glad that MZB carried on their life story and the child of prophecy was indeed born. However, I didn't like it when Helena and Constantius life was separated because of the Roman law requiring Constantius to be married to a woman who had status and could be recognized.

The characters in the story were something else. I liked some of them right away(Dierna - Helena's cousin who eventualy became Lady of Avalon), hated one immediately (Ganeda - Lady of Avalon), and ended up disliking one in the end (Constantine - son of Helena & Constantius) and really hating and dispising Constantines wife (Fausta) and was so glad she got what she deserved in the end. I fell in love with Helena's grandson Crispus (Constantine's illegitimate son by Minervina)and was outraged that Constantine had ordered his death because of Fausta's lies.

I didn't like the interference that Dierna played with the lives of Teleri and Carausius. The thinking behind the reasonings for this match just appauled me. Carausius and Dierna should of been together from the beginning and I thought Dierna was stupid from denying her own heart and feelings because of some prophecy.

Note: Priestess of Avalon and Lady of Avalon need to be read together in sections according to the Historical Chronology of the Avalon Books. The following link explains the chronology time line. http://www.avalonbooks.net/chronology...
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Priestess of Avalon.

01/08/2010 page 10
2.54% "Due to the time line in Avalon Series Ch 1 thru 11 must be read before Part II of Lady of Avalon"
01/09/2010 page 164
41.62% "Julia Helan (Roman name) is Lilan (British name) who is Tiriki who is from Alantas reincartnated. I love it!!!"
01/10/2010 page 211
53.55% "Helena gives Constanius a son and names him Constantine. Constantius moves up in the Roman political world and end up moving from Britanna"
01/11/2010 page 294
74.62% "Helena's husband Constanious died from Heart fairure and now Constanine - the child of prophecy will fullfill his destiny"
show 1 hidden update…