Victoria's Reviews > His Mistress By Morning

His Mistress By Morning by Elizabeth Boyle

bookshelves: series-trilogies, ebook, fantasy-paranormal-romance, regency-romance

When shy Charlotte Wilmont makes a wish after one particularly devastating afternoon with her best friend Hermione Marlowe and her handsome older brother; Sebastian - Viscount Trent, she has no idea that the inherited ring she is wearing has the power to grant it, and change her life forever. When she awakes the next morning, she finds herself in quite a shocking situation, not to mention that her wish has come true.

I don't really remember the synopsis that I first read for this book that made me want to read it, but once I began this book, and realized what kind of story was hidden inside of it's pages, I was very surprised. In the sense that I was not expecting what it offered. I daresay I was even as surprised as poor Charlotte was at first. But once the story really began to pick up and move forward (which was quickly) this became a very enjoyable and fun read.
I really loved all of the characters, especially Quince. Sebastian and his family were very lovable as well, if not a little on the odd side of the fence. But I think the character that had the biggest transformation, was our heroine Charlotte. Not just because of her magical ring, but because of the things she discovered in her new life that were hidden in her old one. Not only did she come out of her shell, she used her new knowledge to obtain the things she wanted, including Sebastian.
If you're looking for a light-hearted read, filled with interesting characters - some that come back in the second book with shocking secrets of their own, one you could read in one to two sittings as I did, this could just hit the spot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His Mistress By Morning.

June 4, 2009 – Shelved