Ana's Reviews > Click

Click by Lisa Becker

bookshelves: chick-lit-womens-fiction, part-of-a-series, read-in-2013

*Copy was provided by author in exchange for an honest review.*

Actual rating 3.5/5.
Now, this was a FUN read! I had a strong feeling I will like it ever since I read the blurb. And I'm glad I was right. But I must admit, I was a bit worried if I will like it because of its format. The ENTIRE book is written in the form of e-mails. So far, I've just read one book in this format, and to be frank, I hated it!

And for a while, I actually thought I hated that particular book because of the format. But oh no, after reading "Click" i found out that I actually have no problem if the entire book is written in the form of e-mail correspondence. Lisa Becker pulled this off, and created a fun, entertaining story with hilarious characters.

*Applauds to author*

The story is centered around Renee and her search for Mr. Right on the internet. It was Mark, one of her best friends, who told her she should give this online dating a go and provided her all the best online dating sites (Mark is such an OCD as you see).
But who said online dating is easier than real dating (and less humiliating if it doesn't work out) is one big fat lair. OMG, the guys..the guys!!! Some of them were just hilarious.
I must admit I was not a huge fan of Renee, I mean I did root for her in her search for the ONE, but as much as her friends said she's awesome and a-girl-every-guy-would-die-for (SUPERMODEL RENEE!!!) I couldn't really picture her like that. She seemed not too confident, so she needed a constant reminder from her friends about how great she is, and let me tell you, after few pages (e-mails) this started to annoy me a bit.

But, Shelley..oh Shelley is a maneater! But she's hilarious, reminded me a LOT of Samantha from "Sex and the City" series, and if you ask me, Samantha was the star..not Carrie. I know, I know, she seems slutty, but she was so funny, so out spoken, so...wild!!!

Now that I think of this series and make comparisons to this book, I realize I would enjoy this book more if the story was centered around Shelley...she and her Cuddlers, Toddlers, even while writing this review I can't help but smile.

Mark was great, but we don't get to see him that much in this book (maybe there will be more about him in the sequel), and Ashley was...meh...I really didn't care about her. She is too judgmental and weak.

Overall, this was a fun book! It's such a quick read, you will read it in just couple of hours. If you're looking for a light hearted, beach read, that will make you laugh out loud, no need to look any further.

I'm most definitely looking forward to the sequel, Double Click and am so glad I discovered another awesome chick lit author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Click.

April 8, 2013 – Shelved
April 29, 2013 –
April 29, 2013 – Shelved as: read-in-2013
April 29, 2013 –
April 29, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat yay

message 2: by Ana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ana Kat wrote: "yay"

Woot, woot!:) Yes, it was a fun book, great beach read. I'm so so glad I read it and hope to read the sequel soon. You read it Kat?

message 3: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Yes, was brilliant, gave it a 5 star review. I have the sequel to review. :)