G.R.'s Reviews > The Priest

The Priest by Monica La Porta

bookshelves: currently-reading

With so many stories that attempt to make true love seem complicated, it's refreshing to read something that proves that it is one of the most simple things a human will ever experience - and almost certainly the most powerful.

In 'The Priest (The Ginecean Chronicles #1)', Monica La Porta does a fantastic job of creating a society that seems to be the opposite of reality and then proving that it's a lot more like the world we live in than we'd like to admit.

The characters are vivid and believable. They will take you to the extremes of love and hate, but will never tell you until you arrive... and maybe not for a little while after.

We see the world we live in. We see the good, the evil and the complacent. But we see it only from the tiny spot where we stand. Monica La Porta proves this in 'The Priest' and presents us with an invitation to take a closer look at some of the social, ethical and moral decisions we make and why.

I absolutely loved 'The Priest' and I'm looking forward to the rest of the The Ginecean Chronicles.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Priest.

April 8, 2013 – Started Reading