Lili Manolache's Reviews > The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook, a Tale of Sex, Money, Genius, and Betrayal

The Accidental Billionaires by Ben Mezrich

U 50x66

"The Accidental Billionaires" by Ben Mezrich is a great book that I recommend to all young people today and all those who aspire to start their own business and change the world.

The ideology of the new generation includes without any doubt the giant Facebook. It has become part of the social evolution of our century and it has reached even the basic unit of society: family and individual. In my opinion, Facebook is the tool we use nowadays for both personal and business activities. Today’s generation is marked by Facebook and it identifies with it. Each of us is influenced by what this social networking platform has become.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Accidental Billionaires.

November 14, 2012 – Started Reading
December 22, 2012 – Finished Reading
April 7, 2013 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Peter (new)

Peter Swarttouw As a person who just started his own company some months ago this book is definitely "a must read" because this strengthens my dreams and makes me even pursue my goals more than I already did. A must read for all starters!

message 2: by Anne (new) - added it

Anne The Social Network movie was quite funny and interesting, I wonder if the book is the same...I've heard the movie is better, but only one way to find out!

Michiel Cairo I have also seen the movie and I liked the movie so much and I did not know it was based on a book. Just bought the book and I will start reading it now. If it is half as good as the movie than still it is a book you must read. I will come back with a review asap.

Michiel Cairo After having seen the movie and reading all comments and reviews, this book was a must read for me. The similarities between the book and the movie are obvious from that point of view the book did not disappoint at all. However I would have expected the book to give more insight and details about Facebook and the different characters. Also the different characters were not all similar in the book and the movie. Still I give the book 4 stars out of 5 because it tell one of the great stories of this last decade.

Lili Manolache Michiel wrote: "After having seen the movie and reading all comments and reviews, this book was a must read for me. The similarities between the book and the movie are obvious from that point of view the book did ..."

Thank you Michiel. I am glad that you have decided to read the book as well and liked it to some certain extent. The book is mostly written through the voice of Eduardo Saverin and the author's speculations...the movie offers a better image through visuals, characters and actually seeing all the actions..which is different than reading a book