Amelia Elizabeth's Reviews > Extreme Love

Extreme Love by Abby Niles

bookshelves: arcs

Let me start off by being honest. I requested a copy of this through Netgalley and completely forgot to sent it to my Kindle. When I finally did remember, I promptly forgot to read it. Then I was cleaning in Kindle of all the free ebooks I had downloaded but will probably never read, and I noticed it and was like hmmm where did this come from. That's when I finally read it...

I really liked this book. First, it's about an MMA fighter, which is a topic I haven't really seen a lot of (let me know if I'm missing out on other books in this area). Second, Caitlyn's story was honest and again one I'm not used to reading. Dante is an MMA fighting getting ready to train for the biggest fight of his career and he can't afford to get distracted. Caitlyn is that distraction, but she's not so sure she wants to be the center of Dante's focus. While Dante fights in the cage, Caitlyn has been fighting for herself. She's recently lost a lot of weight and is still adjusting to her new self and not everyone is as supportive as those closest to her. Including Dante who, after a rocky start, notices the real Caitlyn and works hard get her to believe he sees that person.

Caitlyn is very insecure and confused about the whole situation with Dante. This is what made it real for me and made me like her as a character. As much as I liked this about her, it also bothered me a little, I think it took over a little too much of the story line. The other thing that I disliked were the events that took place around the time of Dante's big fight.

This is the first book in the series and I will be reading the rest of the books in this series. (Originally posted < href="http://littlethoughtsaboutbooks.blogs....)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Extreme Love.

April 7, 2013 – Shelved