Vicki's Reviews > The Rosie Project

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

A lot of buzz has surrounded this book and after reading it, I am not surprised. The hero Don Tillman is a professor of genetics in Melbourne, an Asperger’s sufferer and one of the quirkiest and most loveable characters I have met in years.

He wakes one morning to realise he is going to get married, but he just doesn’t know who to. Thus begins the Wife Project, complete with a 16-page questionnaire to canvas potential candidates. Don is a stickler for routine and doesn’t quite fit in with “normal society”. At times I was laughing and at other times, found it quite sad.

When Rosie comes along on a quest to find her “real” father, Don offers to help (though he’s not sure why) and finds himself having to cope with her tardiness, smoking and general unacceptable traits as a potential candidate for the Wife Project. But as the book concludes, you don’t find love: love finds you.

This is a great read and highly recommended. There are many topics covered in the novel and to see the world as an Asperger’s sufferer might see it is both challenging and educational.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rosie Project.

April 6, 2013 – Shelved