Miss Ryoko's Reviews > Breaking Dawn

Jun 02, 2009

did not like it
bookshelves: young-adult
Read in January, 2009

I found the last book in Meyer's Twilight series to be an absolute nightmare. It was cliche beyond belief and was slightly outrageous. But, what can you do. If it weren't for the wolf pack and all their awesomeness, this book would have been totally worthless.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Dawn.

★ Yeah, the wolf pack was totally awesome!
However, i really hate the series now because of a friggin no good movie adaption.
Utterly killed it!

message 2: by Miss Ryoko (last edited Aug 11, 2010 05:12AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Miss Ryoko I feel like most people feel that way. The first movie was terrible, the second was slightly better, but I enjoyed the third one. And I will not see the movie adaptation of this book until it comes out on DVD because I hated the book and they're splitting the movie into two (which I'm already raging about over the 7th Harry Potter movie)

But, if you're interested in getting BACK into Twilight, you should read the graphic novels!! I really liked the first one! It made me sort of go back to the days of liking it while I was reading it! (even though I had a really hard time breaking from the mindset that it was an adaptation from the book, NOT the movie. Haha) And the artwork is really beautiful and follows the actual storyline!

★ Maybe I will have to give it a go...

Breaking Dawn...two parts?
That is outrages!
Im fine with the Deathly Hallows as two parts, because so much happened! Fitting that into 90 minutes would be very hard, and two parts can capture the perfect feel of gloomy-no hope and suspense. (along with more money) I can see the reason the producers did this.
Breaking Dawn, however, should NOT be in 2 parts.
It is clearly just for more money. Breaking Dawn would be a single 90 minute movie, because nothing happened!!!! Watching two parts is bound to be a nightmare!

Miss Ryoko Breaking Dawn could be a 30 minute movie.

Haha, though I'd make the argument nothing happened in the last Harry Potter book til the last 300 pages. I really don't need to see a two hour long movie of Harry, Ron, and Hermione arguing in a tent. But, I am so in love with Daniel Radcliffe I will see it anyway! :-p

What's even more annoying is that the two parts of Breaking Dawn are coming out a year apart. I'm already annoyed the 2nd Deathly Hallows comes out 8 months after, but Breaking Dawn part one comes out November of 2011 and the second part in November of 2012. Really? Who wants to wait an entire year to see the second half of a crappy movie. Not me!

haha

message 5: by Scribble (new) - added it

Scribble Orca I had to 'like' this....especially with all the 'trailing' comments!

Miss Ryoko Haha!!