Duchess Nicole's Reviews > Private Practice

Private Practice by Samanthe Beck

2204947

bookshelves: genre-contemp-romance, e-pcs, read-in-2013, new-authors-review
Recommended to Duchess Nicole by: Jill

This is a book that makes me remember why I started reading romance. There aren't any big surprises or huge moments, no sad tears or heartbreak... just a sweet, predictable romance, witty dialogue, hot sex and a genuinely likeable couple.

After a ten year absence, nerdy, dorky "Sparky" Ellie Swan moves home a different woman. Not only is she a doctor but shes' grown in to a beautiful, confident woman. Well, confident in all areas but one...the bedroom. So when the chance encounter with town playboy Tyler "Footlong" Longfoot gives her a bargaining tool, Ellie strikes up a deal. Ellie will throw aside a tiny bit of professional ethics if Tyler will teach her how to drive a man wild.

Ellie puts all of this effort into her 'education' in order to catch and hold the attention of the man she thinks she wants. Of course, our lady here can't hooch it up with one guy while pining for another, so the focus is Tyler and Ellie. Tyler's had a somewhat careless life full of fun and women, but he's grown up and slowly matured into a responsible man, loyal to his friends and ready to live the life of an adult. While Ellie has always been responsible and old beyond her years, she's finally cutting loose but in such an orderly fashion, it makes for great fun!

"If everything looks good, we can figure out a timeline and pin down the curriculum."
He nearly fumbled the supplies as he tucked them into the font pocket of his jeans. The curriculum? Leave it to overachieving Ellie to treat something as instinctive and elemental as sex like an academic pursuit. Though he couldn't explain precisely why, the notion of a specific lesson plan excited and terrified him at the same time.

Ellie has a book meant to impart wild and wanton sexual knowledge to the unlearned woman, but she just can't seem to cut loose and let it come naturally. She plans each sexual encounter with Tyler so as to maximize learning potential. My favorite part of the book is the Chapter talk, ("tomorrow night, he was going to Chapter six the hell out of her") and how each lesson plan of hers gets basically thrown out the window when passion takes over.

This is a debut novel for this author, and she writes like a pro. It was the perfect length without any unnecessary boredom inducing angst and drama. What a satisfying, sweet and sexy story! I'm very much looking forward to more from her!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Private Practice.

April 5, 2013 – Started Reading
April 5, 2013 – Shelved
April 5, 2013 – Shelved as: genre-contemp-romance
April 5, 2013 –
1.0% "A "for me" read, just because I feel like it and Jill says its good :):)"
April 6, 2013 –
20.0% "How smutty am I that I'm only thirty or forty pages in and already wanting some bow chicka nekkid time?"
April 7, 2013 – Shelved as: e-pcs
April 7, 2013 – Shelved as: read-in-2013
April 7, 2013 – Shelved as: new-authors-review
April 7, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)

Jill Glad you enjoyed it, Nicole! It was just an altogether sweet, funny romance and so well-written.

MK~ Picky Girl Great review! It looks good!

Duchess Nicole Jill wrote: "Glad you enjoyed it, Nicole! It was just an altogether sweet, funny romance and so well-written."

I really did, Jill...so glad I caught it before it slid of the other side of Mt. TBR :)

Duchess Nicole Mk Loves Books wrote: "Great review! It looks good!"

It was great, Mk...just the perfect length for a one nighter, too!

Duchess Nicole Thanks Lisa!

Karla Excellent review Nicole! This was such a fun book, and great way to spend the afternoon, or day at the beach.

Lady Heather Karla wrote: "Excellent review Nicole! This was such a fun book, and great way to spend the afternoon, or day at the beach."

Wonderful review, Nicole! I really enjoyed this story as well.

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* Awesome review, Nicole!!! :) x

message 9: by Nette (new)

Nette Great Review girlfriend! Being a romance book junkie, I HAVE to read this book now! =))

message 10: by Baba (new)

Baba  Great review, Nicole!

message 11: by Christy (new)

Christy Wonderful review Nicole!

MelissaB Nice review, I am excited to read this one.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Woman, thank you for putting this one on my next-up shelf :)))
Awesome review!

Duchess Nicole Blacky *Must have HEA* wrote: "Woman, thank you for putting this one on my next-up shelf :)))
Awesome review!"

I think you'll like this one Blacky!!!! Really great story, left me with a happy little sigh!

Duchess Nicole MelissaB wrote: "Nice review, I am excited to read this one."

Thanks Melissa! I'm glad I caught Jill's review or I'd have missed it.

Duchess Nicole Christy wrote: "Wonderful review Nicole!"

Baba ♥♥♥ Marcus, Tyler, Tate, Dan, Ty, & Hunter wrote: "Great review, Nicole!"

Thank you Christy and Baba!!

Duchess Nicole Nette wrote: "Great Review girlfriend! Being a romance book junkie, I HAVE to read this book now! =))"

Oh, Nette...it's perfect for us romance junkies, lol!

Duchess Nicole Rosalinda wrote: "Awesome review, Nicole!!! :) x"

Thank you Rosalinda! It was an awesome book ;)

Alexis *Reality Bites* Great review, Nicole!!!

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Fab review, Nicole!!! :D

Geri Reads Awesome review, Nicole.

Duchess Nicole Geri's ~ EverAfterRomance ~ wrote: "Awesome review, Nicole."

Thanks Geri! I see that you loved it!

Geri Reads I did love it, Nicole. Such a fantastic read.