Anushka's Reviews > Saving Francesca

Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta

bookshelves: contemporary, liked-it, ya, them-feels, worth-the-hype, womens-writing
Recommended for: Everyone

Also find this mini-review on my blog and on BookLikes.

FAITH IN HUMANITY RESTORED.

I had honestly not expected this book to be so amazing. I am so surprised to know that yes, there are still some authors who are capable of writing about real things.

This book dealt with all possible adolescent and family problems and I could totally relate to Francesca. I am a lot like her in some ways, sometimes I’d be the most outspoken bitch you've ever seen, other times I’d be the most modest and shy person on the planet. I don’t have family and love-life problems that she had, except that, we were quite similar.

I don’t have much to say about Saving Francesca other than authors should write these kind of books more often, the books nowadays in market are nothing but filled with teenage girls’ boyfriend issues and everything else is side-lined. The characters in this book were real , they had some flaws, they all had some good qualities at the same time. For instance, Will Trombal was not pictured as the hottest jock of the school; he was just a normal-looking guy with issues of his own which he fought hard to work out. This tells you perfect boyfriend does not always mean Edward Cullen.

Reading this book was a great experience, I am sure I will read all books by Melina Marchetta someday. I will always remember Saving Francesca as a bittersweet tale which had its moments, a lot of them, in fact.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving Francesca.

April 5, 2013 – Started Reading
April 6, 2013 – Finished Reading
June 5, 2013 – Shelved as: them-feels
June 24, 2013 – Shelved as: worth-the-hype
July 8, 2018 – Shelved as: womens-writing

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Basuhi Lovely review, Anushka :)
You know That's all I Needed to start this one !

Anushka Thank you, and yes..get to reading this one and Anna and The French Kiss ASAP. :D

message 3: by Hershey (new) - added it

Hershey Wonderful review :)

Anushka Thanks you, Hershey. :D