Brandie's Reviews > Off Limits

Off Limits by Sawyer Bennett

bookshelves: arc, read-2013

First I have to thank the author for the opportunity to read an ARC of this book. I loved it!

4.5 Stars

Emily Burnham is determined to make changes in her life and shed the image from her past - the rich and spoiled daughter of a politician who's controlled by her mother. She's away at college pursuing her dreams and doing things she's never done before - and loving every minute. She's such a strong character that I adored her from the beginning and admired her for the courage to start her own life.

Then an accident will have her literally running into Nix Caldwell. Nix is a former Marine, who's extremely closed off from everyone but his dad and brother. He's suffered some traumatic injuries when serving in Afghanistan and is living with a horrible guilt regarding one of his best friends. Because of this - he refuses to have relationships with anyone and comes off as an asshole.

Making personal connections is easy. Losing them is what's hard. It's easier to avoid.

Until he meets Emily. She just may be that one person who can break down his carefully constructed walls and get him to feel something again. But when she pushes him a little too far - will he be able to get past his issues and finally allow himself to be in love?

This book was a wonderful love story in every sense. You have the tough and sassy heroine. The sexy, baddass hero with issues. I love books where it's the guy who fights his attraction instead of the girl - something about those storylines just does it for me. And the chemistry these two had was awesome. The first time Nix gives into his desire for Emily is an unforgettable scene! But the suspense of whether he'll get his act together kept me wanting more. I ADORED Nix - he was possessive, protective, sweet - everything about him (even his bad attitude) screamed HOT.

An example of how sweet he is...
"I've never brought flowers to a woman before, Emily. I'm having a lot of 'firsts' with you." ahhhh...swoon!

The epilogue was wonderful, and I'm excited that there will be another book about his brother, Linc! I also LOVE the names Nix and Linc. Two of the coolest male names I've read in a book because it was different.

A wonderful steamy romance I really enjoyed!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Off Limits.

April 4, 2013 – Shelved
April 19, 2013 – Started Reading
April 19, 2013 – Shelved as: arc
April 24, 2013 –
April 28, 2013 –
40.0% "Loving this book and hate to put it down...but my bed is calling me!"
April 29, 2013 –
April 30, 2013 –
April 30, 2013 – Finished Reading
May 1, 2013 – Shelved as: read-2013

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Christy (new)

Christy Great review Brandie! :D

Brandie Thanks, Christy!

message 3: by Sawyer (new) - added it

Sawyer Bennett Wow!!! What a review! I should have you write my book blurbs from now on!!! :) XOXOXOXO
P.S. I love Nix so much! But I think Linc will give him a run for his money.

Brandie Aww, thank you!! It's a wonderful book and I can't wait to read Linc's book!! :)

message 5: by Sawyer (new) - added it

Sawyer Bennett You seriously are a great writer!!! Maybe you should write a book. :)
I'll be sending out email of ARC's for Off The Record hopefully within 2 weeks.

Brandie Thanks so much! I wish I could come up with an idea for a really great book...maybe some day. :) I signed up for an ARC of Off The Record and am hoping I get on your list! So excited to read it!

message 7: by ♥Rachel♥ (new)

♥Rachel♥ This sounds amazing, Brandie! Wonderful review! :)

Brandie Thanks, Rachel! :)