Jennifer's Reviews > Illumine Her

Illumine Her by Sieni A.M.

This is not a book that jerks you in. This is a book that slowly leads you in with a crook of the finger and before you know it you are in the deep end and there is no return. It slowly engulfs you and then you are completely in love with it. I love both of the main characters in this book and I feel like I really got to know them deep down as the book went on. Alana lives in Samoa. As a result of the car accident that caused her fathers death, Alana feels a pull to work hard, get a scholarship, and go to school to become a nurse. She ends up going to a school in Fiji to get this accomplished. When she gets back to Samoa and starts to work for the local hospital something changes her life. Chase Malek has come to check out the hospital and donate a sizable donation to help them out. During this visit something miraculous happens and Alana realizes that Chase has a lot of secrets he's not willing to reveal. Be prepared for an emotional ride. This book brought out some strong emotions, both happy and sad, and I loved every emotion that it evoked. These emotions really help you get a connection with the characters in this book. And when you finish this book I think it will have changed your perspective on life. At least I hope it does. I would definitely recommend this book to a friend. I give this book 5 illuminating (yes, pun intended) stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Illumine Her.

April 1, 2013 – Started Reading