Christy's Reviews > Opposition

Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Mar 30, 2013

bookshelves: college-highschool-love, favorites, unforgettable-reads, paperbacks-i-own

5 Save the World stars!

photo b1643796-db2e-4b95-8c74-ce4e669637df_zps333479c6.jpg

This is one of those epically awesome series. There is just no other way to describe it. When I first picked up Obsidian, I had no idea what to expect. I read paranormal ya every now and then, but it’s not my genre of choice. Still, I gave it a go. I was hooked. I loved everything about Daemon and Katy. All 5 of these books were captivating and hilarious reads full of action, humor, suspense and love.

Opposition starts off right where Origin left off… Daemon, Katy and friends trying to save the world thats been invaded. Who can they trust? Those they thought would never betray them have gone to the dark side, and those that have always been enemies have now come to their aide. It’s a hot mess. Through it all, Katy and Daemon have each other. Daemon’s love will never change.

photo 4a111281-da93-4b94-ab0c-bc8b109c0d4e_zps02ac8a3f.jpg

Daemon and his Kitten have to be one of my favorite book couples ever. They have the best back and fourth banter. Both of them are so funny, but really sweet and romantic too. Daemon Black. Oh sweet alien babies I love him! He is one of my favorite ya book boyfriends. Every time I hear him say Kitten, I melt. I love the way he loves Katy. He thinks the world of her and he’s not afraid to show it.
“You’ve got a big heart, Kitten. That’s what I love about you most. Well, that and I am a really big fan of your sweet body, but your heart? Yeah, that completes the package of you, wraps it up with a nice little bow. It makes you perfect to me.”

photo 23d2456a-fc55-4178-9e55-55814fbd5631_zpsa87d0c0f.jpg

It’s not just the main characters I love, there are quite a few secondary characters that are equally amazing! I really love Archer! And of course Dee and Dawson.

This review is going to be much shorter than normal for me, because this is a story you don’t want to have spoiled. Not even a little bit. There are so many awesome twists and turns. I was on the edge of my seat most of the book. I laughed a lot, I even cried some. I’m feeling a little sad that this series has come to an end. I’m really going to miss Daemon Black and Kat.

If you haven’t read this series yet, all 5 books are out so now you have no excuse. It is my #1 paranormal ya series. Daemon Black is unforgettable and Katy is an awesome book nerd. Their love is something special and this series is just fantastic! Do yourself a favor and pick them up! ♥

photo 902f003f-d4ed-419f-8977-0572a361cce9_zps6f7dd7df.jpg
We were together. It didn’t matter how many hours, days, months or years we had stretched out in front of us; we’d always be together. This kind of love was the real deal.

photo DAEMONGIF_zpsa9adfc3b.gif

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Opposition.

March 30, 2013 – Shelved
August 5, 2014 – Started Reading
August 5, 2014 –
52.0% "❤️❤️❤️Hunter❤️❤️❤️"
August 5, 2014 –
73.0% "I'm getting nervous here...."
August 5, 2014 – Finished Reading
August 6, 2014 – Shelved as: college-highschool-love
August 6, 2014 – Shelved as: favorites
August 6, 2014 – Shelved as: unforgettable-reads
April 20, 2015 – Shelved as: paperbacks-i-own

message 1: by Mara (new) - added it

Mara De Guzman Ohmygooooosh I've been pestering my bookstore for this!! I have all of the paperbacks and I neeeeed this one now! Enjoy, Christy!!!

writtenbybee Holllly crazy town I'm so excited, my email just came with this aw my gawd

Christy I love it so far! ❤️

Melissa I'm so excited too!!!

Christy Hope you love it Melissa! ❤️

Nadine Hook Me Up Book Blog I'm 55% in and love it :)

writtenbybee Is it out online yet?!

Christy Yep! It's live ❤️ only got to 31% but I'll pick it back up soon!

writtenbybee I could only get 59 pages... I will being buying hard cover soon.

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ AAAAHHHH SO ESSITED #P@HJKSDFDSKFDHFJDK Hope you LOVE! :)

Christy Bahahaha! I am loving so far ❤️❤️❤️

Shelley I have a bunch of ARC's I need to read but how can I when I have this book waiting for me. I think it is going to be a line cutter.

message 13: by Eileen (new) - added it

Eileen Omg I cannot wait till I get my hands on this book!!!!!!! I can't believe how excited I am right now!

Brandi Yay! Glad you loved it! :D

message 15: by Vieira (new)

Vieira I haven't read this series yet is it YA?

Christy It's mostly paranormal YA. It's really good! ;D

Brooke So glad to hear it was a great ending to the series! I can't wait to get my copy in the mail and finally read it :)

message 18: by Kj (new) - added it

Kj Yay I'm so excited to read this one!

[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ Glad u loved it Christy ;)

Christy Thanks! Me too xoxo

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Fantastic review Christy!! I need to jump aboard the Lux train soon lol!

Christy Thanks, lovely! Yes! They are some awesome reads x

writtenbybee Great review Christy ;)

Christy Thanks, dear! ❤️

message 25: by Jenna (new) - added it

Jenna I've never been into PR but this one sounds like something I would like regardless. Great review Christy! :)

Brandi Gorgeous review, babe!! xoxo! :)

Christy Thanks, Jenna! It's not something I read all the time, but this series is fantastic! x

Christy Thanks, Brandi! Glad you loved it too sweetie! ❤️

Christy Thanks so much, babes! ❤️❤️❤️

message 31: by Carissa (new) - added it

Carissa Lovely review, Christy.

Christy Thanks, dear! ❤️

Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘ Great review, Christy! :) Definitely need to check this series out!

Christy Thanks, Penelope! ❤️❤️❤️

J *deep in the heart of Texas* Fab review Christy....can't wait to read this one!

Andreea Pop Awesome review, Christy! ^_^

Christy Thanks, J! Hope you love it! x

Christy Thanks, Andreea! ❤️

Georgina ☽ 2greekgirlsreading I cannot wait until i can read this book!!
Glad you loved it :)

Christy Enjoy, Lily! :))

Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie Fantastic review, Christy!!!

Christy Thanks, Christine! :)

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤  Awesome review babe :D

Christy Thanks, honey! xoxo

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Shamazing review :) So sad it's over :*(((

Christy Thanks, Chelsea! Me too babe xoxo

message 47: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ Fantastic review, Christy! So happy you loved it :D

Christy Thanks, AJ! ❤️

message 49: by Jessi (new) - added it

Jessi Wonderful review Christy!! :)

Christy Thanks, Jessi! ❤️