Alexis's Reviews > The Best Bad Luck I Ever Had

The Best Bad Luck I Ever Had by Kristin Levine

May 27, 2009

bookshelves: fiction-books, historical-fiction
Recommended to Alexis by: Me, myself, and I!
Recommended for: EVERYONE!!!!!!!!
Read in May, 2009

I AM NOT LYING ONE LITTLE BIT ABOUT THIS BOOK! I THOUGHT I WOULDN'T LIKE IT THAT MUCH, BUT I THOUGHT,'I'LL GIVE IT A SHOT.' It is the BEST BOOK i have ever READ! I AM NOT LYING! It is my new favorite book! It is set in the 1900's like the 1915's-1917's, and it was at a time when blacks and whites did not hang out with eachother. A boy named Dit (I know weird name) meets a "negra" which is what they called them, named Emma, and they become BEST friends. They are about 12 years old, and it tells about the things that go about in their town with other characters and other things. You may be thinking, WOW, it sounds like an old-fashioned book. It is NOT! That's what I thought, 2. It is a new book, like it just got published about a month ago, and is at the New Book Section at my library. It is very fresh, and has more modern new ideas about how things were, and they are all true. It is not boring, and reading it has been SO fun for me. I love it so much. I cannot put it down!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Best Bad Luck I Ever Had.

05/27 page 160
05/27 page 160
58.82% "REad my other comment about this book to find out how i REALLY feel about it. Haha. I LOVE IT SO MUCH I COULD DIE!!!!! Seriously, though!"
03/31 marked as: read