Pamela D's Reviews > Beautiful Creatures

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia

liked it
bookshelves: fiction-scifi-fantasy

I am a bit disappointed that I didn't love this book. I watched the movie last week, and I loved it, so I immediately picked up the book. I was surprised with how much was changed for the movie. Several characters were cut from the movie and the plot was streamlined, which was not surprising. However, major plot points towards the end of the movie were twisted quite considerably. My major gripe with this book is that a lot of the suspense of the book is created because the adults refuse to tell Ethan and Lena anything. I feel like the plot could have been a bit tighter, if we didn't have to deal with the communication problems riddled throughout the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Creatures.

March 29, 2013 – Shelved
June 19, 2013 – Started Reading
June 19, 2013 –
7.0% "I had to read this after watching the movie last night."
June 20, 2013 –
14.0% "This book is spooky. Spookier than the movie."
June 20, 2013 –
21.0% "This book is making me hungry. I want some pulled pork."
June 20, 2013 –
29.0% "I must admit that I like the omniscient narrator in the movie more than the first person narrator in the book. I want to know what is going on with Macon and the adults!"
June 20, 2013 –
36.0% "Just experienced an info dump. ::sigh::"
June 21, 2013 –
50.0% "This book has so much more going on than the movie."
June 21, 2013 –
67.0% "I have come to the conclusion that secrets never help anybody."
June 24, 2013 –
71.0% "Creating suspense by having adults refusing to tell the protagonists what is going on is ridiculous."
June 24, 2013 –
86.0% "It is all coming together...finally"
June 24, 2013 – Shelved as: fiction-scifi-fantasy