Dorie's Reviews > Master of the Delta

Master of the Delta by Thomas H. Cook

May 27, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: crime-fiction

** spoiler alert ** This is the story of Jack Branch, a high school teacher currently teaching a class on evil. When he finds out one of his students is the son of the locally infamous Coed Killer, he decides to take the student under his wing. Jack gives an assignment to the class to write a term paper on someone who is evil, and suggests to Eddie that he write about his own father.

Although the storyline was good and carried me along, I had one big problem with the ending: Why did the trial cover so much of Jack's mentoring of Eddie and his term paper? It didn't end up having much at all to do with the actual crimes committed. The entire book which was about this term paper, and Eddie's father, and hints of a secret between Eddie and Jack's father, only to have it all come to absolutely nothing. And I never did figure out if Jack's father was telling the truth about the story of Pip in "The Book of Days" or not. Good storytelling, great characterization, but in the end didn't make much sense.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Master of the Delta.