Josie's Reviews > The Emerald Tablet

The Emerald Tablet by Joshua Silverman

Mar 28, 2013

I was given a copy for an honest review.

Thank you Joshua Silverman for a wonderful story. A story that is cleverly written using the present, history and the mythology from Greece and Egypt.

A quote from the summary, "Leoros' world is turned upside down".

Not only Leoros world, but many others as well. I like how the story tells of more characters lives being affected in many different ways. Everyone having to make important choices in their lives. Characters coming to terms of reality and learning it can be difficult to make decisions when the line between good and evil becomes blurred. Characters struggling with science, faith and emotions.

I highlighted a part of the book that stood out to me. A discussion between Alex and Camilla about love. Alex science tells him the emotions of love is similar to how large quantities of chocolate makes the brain react.
* Beware this part may contain a spoiler*

Quote:
"Tell me Alex, would you die for me? For Leoros?"
Alex looks bewildered at her question. "What kind of Question is that? Iv'e killed for both of you already and I'm certainly ready to die for you."
She smiles at his response. "I know you have. I just wonder if you'd do the same for large quantities of chocolate."

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Emerald Tablet.

March 28, 2013 – Shelved