Jennifer Johnson's Reviews > Television Without Pity: 752 Things We Love to Hate (and Hate to Love) About TV

Television Without Pity by Tara Ariano

2021711
May 25, 2009

Read in May, 2007

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was to find this book in my local used bookstore. I love the website Television Without Pity. I loved that website back in it's early days- when it was known as Mighty Big TV. The recaps are always funny and a GODSEND when you miss an episode. While I don't really spend a tonne of time there anymore- I still have a soft spot for the site and it's contributors, whose blogs I still frequently read.

Television Without Pity: 752 Things We Love to Hate (And Hate to Love) About TV is a great book for the tv enthusiast, (which I am). With it's short, snarky entries it makes fun of all the same things we all do when we watch our favorite shows. It's a great nostalgic trip that recalls current and past favorites and all the anomilies that go along with it. (And let's face it, anyone who makes frequent Ian Zeiring jokes is beloved in my mind!)

This book was great for my current headspace- I wanted something funny and easy to follow. The entries are short and you can skip from topic to topic very quickly. (I'm a little ADD with the reading lately.) It's great to have a quick "oh yeah" or "I remember that" moment and then move on to something else. I recommend this book for pop culture junkies and television addicts everywhere.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Television Without Pity.