Kathy's Reviews > Unlucky Charms

F 50x66

bookshelves: king-s-korner

Unlucky Charms

By Adam Rex

The book Unlucky Charms is the second book of the Cold Cereal Saga, which is about an evil cereal company called Goodco that puts magical items in their cereal that does stuff to the consumers such as making people smarter but these products have nasty side effects on people such as dizzy spells, nausea, etc.

The main characters in this book are Scottish Play Doe (Aka. Scott), Poly Ester Doe, Erno, Emily,Biggs, Merle Lin, Harvey, Mick, Prince Fi and John Doe. There are quite a lot of main characters as you can see! But the biggest main character is Scott.

In this book Goodco kidnaps the queen of England and hides her in a place called Pretanica, which is a second Earth but only has Ireland and is magical. The people from Pretanica are also planning an attack on Earth because they blame them for their ever shrinking world. Also there is one more problem Prince Fi is searching for his brothers, Fee, Fo, and Denzil so they need to find them too.

The Queen problem is solved first as they bring the Queen Back home, the invasion problem is also partially solved but both these rescue missions are stuck in Pretanica. Meanwhile the people outside Pretanica are Harvey, Biggs, Prince Fi, Poly, Erno, and Emily. Fi, Poly,and Harvey are on their quest for the lost brothers Fo, Fee, and Denzil they sneak into the Goodco factory in the town where they are staying where they find the brothers in a gerbil cage. They then sneak out safely and drive away while Erno solves a clue that his adopted father gave to him. The book then ends.

I like this book and would definitely recommend it to people my age on a scale of 1 to 5 I would rate it a 4. I like it because I read the 1st book of this series and loved it then I heard about the second book and I wanted to read. I also feel there is just the right amount of humor and fantasy to keep me interested instead of me throwing the book across the room in disgust. I think you should read this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unlucky Charms.

Started Reading