Alyssa's Reviews > Money Run

4152087

_________________________________
MONEY RUN Review
_________________________________
Full formatting of this review at link above.

Just. Plain. Awesome.

I sat down with this book with no real intention of starting that night, I was just checking it out. Next thing I know, it is 2 o'clock in the morning and I finished it. Thriller, indeed.

Ashley Arthur became a thief when her house was robbed when she was younger-she stole back her stuff. After a her mother leaves her father poor and distraught, Ashley starts her career as a thief in order to help him out financially. Benjamin, her best friend gets caught up in all this because he has a major crush on Ashley and would do anything to help her out.

They receive anonymous tips that tell them where the big money is and this time, they hit the jackpot. Their source tells them that a billionaire has hidden something worth two hundred million dollars in his building, and Ashley and Benjamin plan to steal it. Unlucky for them, an assassin has his eye on the billionaire at the same time the heist is planned to go down.

I was expecting a Gallagher Girls book, but MONEY RUN is far from that. Teenage criminals, government assassins, double agents, double crossers, a detective who is too smart for his own good, nonstop action, unpredictable plot twists, and two hundred million dollars make up MONEY RUN.

I loved the multiple POVs. We get into the head of Buckland, the billionaire who has a hit out on him, Ashley-the teenage thief, and a detective who deserves to be called the next Sherlock Holmes. Each had such a unique voice, and I loved each and every one of them. You would think so many POVs would lessen the suspense because you always know what is going to happen but it only heightens it!

Jack Heath is one sneaky author. I am pretty sure he takes into account what you think will happen and does the exact opposite. It was fantastic, because I was genuinely surprised for most of the novel. It kept me on my toes, and there was never a lull in the action.

If you are the type of person who watches action movies and screams, "That is so not possible in real life!" then this is not for you unless you are capable of letting go of the logic behind it all. It is an entertaining, fictional novel. All the best things defy reality anyway.

Highly recommend this!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Money Run.

March 26, 2013 – Started Reading
March 26, 2013 – Shelved
March 27, 2013 –
page 120
46.88% "This guy just won't stay down!"
March 28, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell Ooh, yay! I have this! I'm so happy to know it's good!

message 2: by Bec (new) - added it

Bec My god, it sounds AWESOME

Alyssa This was my first thriller so I think I'm a little biased but it kept me on my toes and all the plot twists and double agents made this phenomenal. Can't wait to see what you think of it, Nenia! I had to let go of the logic behind it all sometimes because it was a bit outlandish but aren't all the best action movies/books?

message 4: by Jack (new)

Jack Heath Thanks for the great review - hope you don't mind, but I've quoted you on my new website: https://jackheathwriter.com/books/