AdultNonFiction Teton County Library's Reviews > Big Questions from Little People: And Simple Answers from Great Minds

Big Questions from Little People by Gemma Elwin Harris

Mar 26, 2013

bookshelves: great-gift, humor

TCL Call number: 031.02 BIG
Stephanie's rating: 4 stars

Why is it that little kids get to ask all the fun and interesting questions? Well...picture a 30 year old man asking; "Why can't I tickle myself?; How do the bubbles get into fizzy drinks?; Why is space so sparkly? Why do I get bored? The answer: because they don't look silly asking them. In "Big Questions from Little People and Simple Answers from Great Minds", author Gemma Elwin Harris compiles hundreds of questions from elementary school children, and had field experts in psychology, anthropology, physics, biology, musicology, and several other very prestigious professionals answer their questions with user-friendly words. The variety of inquiries is subliminal! I guarantee that almost everyone has secretly wondered why the sky is blue or why cake taste so nice. This book is not just for the kids. It’s for everyone!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Big Questions from Little People.