Ethan Day's Reviews > First You Fall

First You Fall by Scott  Sherman

2206137
May 24, 2009

First You Fall...and I most certainly did.

While I've long believed we needed another 'gay-hustler protag' about as much as we needed more Log Cabin Republicans, I'm actually ready to say it...I was wrong. I would no longer wish to live in a world that didn't include Kevin Conner, no matter what he decides to put in his mouth!

What made this story so fresh was the fact that his career path wasn't the focus of the story. I loved that what Scott Sherman gave us was a little like, 'hooker-unplugged'. You get the Full-life Monty so to speak and we see that Kevin is sweet, funny, and most importantly no different than any other guy you might meet on the street, so to speak. He's someone I'd want to be friends with and that makes him different than the usual tortured-rent boy we've all seen so many times before.

The scenes between Kevin and his mother were for me the brightest spots in what was a thoroughly enjoyable and very funny read. I'm secretly hoping she discovers what her son has been doing to make money at some point, in what will definitely be an auto-buy for me, in regards to this series. Not to be overly punny...but I'm dying for the next installment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First You Fall.

08/27/2016 marked as: read

Shannon Ethan, would you say this is a "cozy" mystery or is it too "gritty" Cozy being more in the attitude than in the particular details. Cozies have more attention to character and relationship, tend towards whimsy or humorous observations, and have lots of eccentric characters. They are not grim or depressing in overall outlook.