Vanda Field's Reviews > An Accomplished Woman

An Accomplished Woman by Jude Morgan

U 50x66

Read 4 times

Hi,
I've been prompted to join this site and write a comment solely on the basis of the disparaging reviews of Jude Morgan's An Accomplished Woman. I must admit I was surprised - not, of course, on the diversity of opinions - but moreso on the extreme denouncements of those who gave the book a very low rating. I have difficulty in understanding how those reviewers who, as they are subscribers to the site and to this specific area of the site, must have a general liking and appreciation for this genre, could post such derogatory comments on an author's work which exemplifies all that is so charming and satisfying about Regency romance: literate, witty, intelligent, replete with Austenesqe / Heyeresqe (if these aren't real words, they ought to be) characters, and thoroughly charming.

Jude Morgan's "An Accomplished Woman" is a modern classic of this genre, and a reading of this book the natural progression for lovers of Austen and Heyer. It would also be a lovely introduction to that genre for those not acquainted with its many treasures.

I hope the dubious reviews do not discourage anyone from reading such a wonderful book. As with my collection of Austen and Heyer books previously, I am now on my 5th reading of Lydia Templeton's (the accomplished heroine) Bath "entanglement" - and enjoying it completely.

An Accomplished Woman is a book you read for the read - it's very much a case of smelling the roses along the journey. Pretty much like works of Austen and Heyer after all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Accomplished Woman.

January 7, 2012 – Started Reading
March 26, 2013 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Jenna L Very well said. I could not agree more.

Mela Exactly! I think the same.

Vanda Field Very glad that all who posted affirming comments since my original note have enjoyed this Jude Morgan classic. Happy reading!
Vanda