Amanda Shalaby's Reviews > Banking on Temperance

Banking on Temperance by Becky Lower

Not surprisingly, Becky Lower has done it again! Banking on Temperance, her third book in the Cotillion Ball Series, is everything her fans have come to expect from this talented author. Basil Fitzpatrick and Temperance Jones have instant chemistry when they meet in St. Louis, but he’s a ladies man not ready to settle down and she’s a good girl determined to carry out her father’s final wishes to see her large family out to Oregon. Ms. Lower is a master at creating fully-rounded characters surrounded by conflict, and in this case has created two stubborn individuals whom you cannot help but root for because they are so perfect together. Banking on Temperance also treats its readers to the reappearance of some of our favorite characters from her first novel, The Reluctant Debutante (Joseph fans, rejoice!). And I would be remiss if I did not mention this author’s talent for capturing the essence of 1850s America. The picture Ms. Lower paints shows a real passion and knowledge of her setting that will carry her readers away to a distant time and place. It’s been a while since I was this excited to read a new novel. If you are a fan of American historicals, Banking on Temperance should be next on your list!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Banking on Temperance.

March 25, 2013 – Shelved
March 29, 2013 – Started Reading
April 10, 2013 –
April 12, 2013 –
50.0% "So far, Becky Lower has done it again! :-)"
April 12, 2013 –