Sarah Bringhurst Familia's Reviews > Steampunk Style Jewelry: Victorian, Fantasy, and Mechanical Necklaces, Bracelets, and Earrings

Steampunk Style Jewelry by Jean Campbell

liked it
bookshelves: art, miscellaneous-delights

This was another one of those esoteric books I picked up on a whim from the "new books" shelf at the library. Really, I was just curious to finally find out exactly what that cryptic term "Steampunk" means. To my delight, as well as being an artsy how-to book, this actually is a sort of primer to Steampunk. There's an introduction explaining the term at the beginning, and short chapters interspersed between the jewelry projects explore different aspects of Steampunk style and history.

The jewelry itself is quirky, creative, and often beautiful. Most of it looks like it could belong on the set of the movie The Golden Compass. This book is worth a read, even if only for the sake of cultural literacy. But for a brief moment as I read it, I actually considered converting my entire wardrobe to Steampunk.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steampunk Style Jewelry.

March 25, 2013 – Started Reading