Sandra Heinzman's Reviews > Night

Night by Elie Wiesel

Apr 03, 2017

bookshelves: favorites, history-holocaust, memoir, war

I don't know if read this in high school or not; I don't think so. What a wonderful book. I have read a LOT of books dealing with first person accounts of the Holocaust and this ranks among the best. I listened to the book on Audible and the narrator could not have been any better! I immediately went to the Internet to read up on Elie Wiesel after I finished and discovered he only died last year! The version I listened to was a new translation by his wife and included his acceptance speech for the Nobel Peace Prize. An interesting tidbit about this book was the location (Romania) where Elie and his family lived and that they were not taken by the Nazis until the last year of the war, in Spring of 1944 until the war's end in Spring of 1945. Mr. Wiesel wrote beautifully; he has a way with words. This book gives a lot of things to think about and I highly recommend it. I'm so glad that most high schools have it as required reading, because soon all the survivors still living will have passed.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night.

March 25, 2013 – Shelved