Anne's Reviews > Knife Edge

Knife Edge by Malorie Blackman

bookshelves: heartwrenching

MY FEELS OH MY GOSH MY FEELS! This is absolutely the most heart wrenching, gut tearing, depressing novel I have ever been blessed to read! Literally for the first half of the novel I was just sitting here like:

AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN MY VISION STARTED TO GET BLURRY AND THE GATEWAY OF TEARS JUST FLOODED OUT AND NO MATTER HOW MUCH I TRIED- I COULDN'T STOP THEM! SERIOUSLY , THIS BOOK WAS THE DEATH OF ME I JUST SAT IN MY ROOM AT 4:30 IN THE MORNING WITH A BOX OF TISSUES AND UGLY CRYING AND NOT BEING ABLE TO STOP. HANDS DOWN, THIS IS THE ONLY BOOK IN MY LIFE WHERE I WASN'T JUST CRYING BUT, FULL ON SOBBING WITH TISSUES.

First off I really did enjoy this beautiful masterpiece its filled with sorrow, hate, passion, revenge, depression, pain, rage, second chances, love and so so so much more. There was so many different things going on this novel at once I don't even know where to begin. Can I just give a hand to Sephys mom though like ohmygosh all the awards to you. I seriously admired her and if anything good that came out of this novel it was her. Sephy... all I can say is Sephy is not the same little naive girl who thought she and Callum could be friends without a second glance.

Then there was that whole Jude P.O.V and ohmygosh I don't even know what to express in words of what I feel for Jude. There was so so so much potential for him to live a good life if he could just let go of all that rage and hate that was accumulating inside of him.(view spoiler)

So if you want to look like this
---->

then this is the right book for you

(view spoiler)

Actual rating 4.5 just because i didnt like it as much as noughts and crosses but, it was still amazing

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knife Edge.

Started Reading
March 23, 2013 – Shelved
March 23, 2013 – Finished Reading
June 30, 2017 – Shelved as: heartwrenching

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Slyth I so agree with you. But so so so agree. You've said all that I can't express in english (I'm french.. english is a little limited t say exactly what I felt during this book)
And for your 2nd spoiler.. My heart just simply broke when I read it.
Impossible to not cry. It was pure, true, violent. I loved it !

Anne Bonjour, Je m'appelle Anne ... Comment ca va? (That's literally all my ignorant mind could remember from 4 years of French in Elementary School)

Anyways,this book seriously almost killed me from all the crying I did and I'm not even joking Callum must have been delusional to actually think that was the correct way to go along with things... like even know when i think about it I just can't believe he would do such a thing. And I totally agree with you "pure,true,violent" would be the exact same three words I would choose to describe this novel

Polly Rose i loved this book so much but i still don't know if the letter was real. Floods and floods of tears where spilling out of my eyes every second i read this book. :·0

Anne Polly wrote: "i loved this book so much but i still don't know if the letter was real. Floods and floods of tears where spilling out of my eyes every second i read this book. :·0"

It's been a while since I read this book but, to this day I think it's been the only book to actually make me cry (and not like one tear falling down my face cry but, full on sobbing)

Read the next book if you haven't yet!! They talk about the letter (still pisses me off how Callum wrote such a nasty hateful letter)