Steph's Reviews > Destined for an Early Grave

Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost

2142019
May 20, 2009

bookshelves: year-read-2009, my-re-reads, year-read-2011, author-웃, author-favorite, series-i-love, series-ended, series-completed
Read 2 times. Last read February 14, 2011 to February 15, 2011.

Re-Read Review

First read: 1 Aug 2009 Rating: ✮✮✮✮✮
Re-read: 15 Feb 2011 Rating: ✮✮✮✮☆

Re-Read Review (2/2011):
As always, Jeaniene Frost never fails to keep me entertained. There are fantastic quotes throughout, as with all her books, Cat-fights, Bare-Bones, and Vlad. ;)

I found myself more interested in Spade, Mencheres, and Vlad this time, most likely due to their books/appearances in her spin-off Night Huntress World books.

I'm SO excited to read more about Vlad. He is quickly becoming one of my favorites in this series.

Cat & Bones are finding that relationships, even theirs, are not always sunshine and rainbows. They fight and fight a LOT. (A bit too much -of the book- for my liking) And, more than ever, I would love more from Bones' POV. Mencheres has kept a secret, a big one, one that Cat now finds herself haunted by every time she sleeps. Can she stay awake long enough to keep those she loves safe and keep the man that she loves?

I was a bit frustrated this go 'round (view spoiler)

Despite my re-read frustrations, I am very much looking forward to This Side of the Grave!

Initial Review: (8/2009)
I breathed a big sigh of relief at the end of this one! Love following Kat & Bones. Not to mention all their interesting friends.

I am looking forward to reading Jeaniene Frost's new spin-off to the series, First Drop of Crimson. I like Spade's character and it'll be nice having a book where he gets more of the spotlight.

Reading Order:
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destined for an Early Grave.

Finished Reading
May 20, 2009 – Shelved
July 31, 2009 –
page 100
28.17% "Gotta love Bones! ... ah to have someone call ya "Kitten" :)"
August 1, 2009 –
page 355
100.0% "Gotta love Bones! ... ah to have someone call ya "Kitten" :)"
December 15, 2009 – Shelved as: year-read-2009
February 14, 2011 – Started Reading
February 14, 2011 – Shelved as: my-re-reads
page 1
0.28% "Re-reading in prep for This Side of the Grave" :)"
February 14, 2011 –
20.0% "“I was married once,” she remarked. “His name was Jacques. One night, Jacques beat me, and I knew he liked it. The next morning, I gave him a poisoned tonic, then I buried him underneath my porch. Now every time I take a lover, I call him Jacques, to remind me that if I have to, I’ll kill him.” Marie don't take no shit, boys!"
February 14, 2011 –
22.0% "“I don’t give a rot if Mencheres yanked her off your throbbing, rigid cock,” Bones snarled. “Go dream a little dream, you sod!”. Yeah! So, freck off, ya freckin frecker."
February 14, 2011 –
100.0% "Still loved it. But, I did have a bit'o frustration with Kiity Cat this go 'round. Full review to follow."
February 14, 2011 – Shelved as: year-read-2011
January 29, 2014 – Shelved as: series-ended
January 29, 2014 – Shelved as: series-completed

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Jennifer Great to know that Frost's Night Huntress books haven't lost their flavor. I will be reading this one soon - thanks for your review!

Steph Jennifer wrote: "Great to know that Frost's Night Huntress books haven't lost their flavor. I will be reading this one soon - thanks for your review!"

Nope and I love how easy a read her books are, although that just means that I finish them a little too quickly. There was a point at which the bickering was starting to get old, but the story around it all was good. Hope you like it too.

Have you heard about her new spin-off? There's an excerpt in the back of the book for the 1st one and it sounds like it should be neat. I'm interested in learning more about the other characters. I'm glad she's chosen to do it this way so we don't lose any "time" with Kat & Bones.

message 1: by AH (new) - rated it 3 stars

AH I completely agree with your spoiler comments. Great review!