Mike E.'s Reviews > For the Love of God: A Daily Companion for Discovering the Riches of God's Word

For the Love of God by D.A. Carson

May 20, 2009

Read in January, 2005

I have been a believer since 1987 and over the years I have had various plans for a daily intake of God's Word, the Bible. For the last few years my wife and I have followed the venerable Bible reading plan of Robert Murray M'Cheyne. In this volume Carson writes an insightful and unifying comment on one of the day's readings. For those of you that are married this is the one plan that BOTH my wife and I enjoy. I have found it to be strengthening to both my soul and marriage. I love spending time in the same sections of God's Word that my wife does. We have both found Carson's insights to be profound and applicational. Each page has (1) the date at the top followed by (2) four passages to be read followed by (3) Carson's short unifying comments. M'Cheyne's plan takes the reader through the NT and Psalms twice and the remainder of the OT once.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For the Love of God.

07/22/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Amber (new) - added it

Amber About how long does the daily reading take each day?

Mike E. The reading by Carson is brief, only one page.

The Scripture readings are more lengthy--if one were to do all prescribed for each day. The minimum amount to be read would be one chapter of Scripture and one page by Carson.