Rahul Nagar's Reviews > Green Hills of Africa

Green Hills of Africa by Ernest Hemingway

did not like it
Recommended for: Nobody

It's all about the bullshit that hemingway had done in Africa. In the very beginning of the book I was getting that feeling "What the hell is he writing about?" but due to my habit of finishing everything that I start somehow I managed to finish reading this junk. It was all about killing and hemingway was running around trying to be the cause of death of several wild animals. Hemingway fans go ahead read it but for me and some sensible people this book is a total failure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Green Hills of Africa.

March 22, 2013 – Started Reading
March 26, 2013 –
page 102
March 28, 2013 –
page 140
70.0% "'The hell with lunch. The thing is, Pop, we've never seen them on the salt in the evening and we've never seen a bull in the hills. I've only got tonight. It looks washed up. Three times I've had them cold and Karl and the Austrian and the Wanderobo beat us.'"
page 160
80.0% "One memory does not destroy another, and that the not-watching idea was only laziness and a form of putting the dishes in the sink until morning."
page 186
93.0% "It seemed much longer coming home although, usually, the return over a new trail is shorter. I was tired all the way into my bones, my head felt cooked, and I was thirstier than I had ever been in my life. But suddenly, walking through the woods, it was much cooler. A cloud had come over the sun."
page 186