Kim Tomasic's Reviews > The Memory Thief

The Memory Thief by Emily Colin

What a wonderful read and I will look for more from this author. This was a tear jerker at the end for me. I knew the love story between Aiden & Madeleine was going to be good from the start, I just didn't know how wrapped up in it I was going to get. It broke my heart when she begged him not leave her and their son Gabe for the mountain, and then Gabe's dream and the phone called that ended it all. I loved the character development, the love triangle with J.C. and Nicholas's attempt to shut off what he was dreaming about before finally giving in. I can't say enough about this book! Even as I continued reading and knew that Aiden was going to return, I can't imagine how hard it was to reach out to make sure that Maddie knew he loved her and their son. I wept for him, his life had finally reached a happy standstill and he pushed the limits too far. The struggle between Maddie and J.C. to figure out what it was between them, guilt or affection. The use of Nicholas to bring the story full circle, as a way for Aiden to say goodbye. This book makes you think and wonder, if you could go on after a loved one left, if they are watching over you and how much they are involved in what happens to you. Chills! Chills! Loved it from the start. Fluent writing, easy chapters and just an overall great story concept. A definite book club choice.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Memory Thief.

Started Reading