Winding Stairs Book Blog's Reviews > Moving Forward

Moving Forward by Erika Ashby

Mar 21, 2013

I just have to start off by saying that this was one freakin hot and steamy read! (Still trying to recover) This author knows how to write a sex scene. With that being said, the rest of the book was really good too. I loved the entire cast of characters.

Jesika lost her husband in a car accident and is trying to pick up the pieces and move on. During career day at her son's school, she meets Derek who is a fireman.

"It's beyond my control that with all the sadness I was feeling, that it's instantly overshadowed as soon as his All-American boy physique takes a seat next to me."

Derek had been watching her for years but because she was married, she was off limits. He knows how badly she's been hurting since the loss of her husband and doesn't want to move too fast and scare her off.

"Staying away from her has been damn near impossible. I feel drawn to her like there's a force field of energy that has been pulling me into her life."

I think that my favorite character was Mallory, Jesika's best friend. She has a mouth like a trucker and she is freakin hilarious. Every girls dream for a bestie. She is fiercely loyal and always there when she's needed. She made me laugh out loud so many times.

"Wow, that guy is sex on a stick Jesika and if you don't eat him up, I'm going to put my order in."

There are secrets Derek has been keeping from Jesika. I found myself holding my breath and praying that it didn't all blow up in his face. All secrets are revealed but I'm not giving any spoilers. I am so looking forward to reading Seth and Mallory's story. Read this one! You won't regret it.

My favorite quote.... "I love you more than I ever thought possible to love someone, and tonight, tonight I'm going to take my time showing you just how much I love you...all night." ~Derek~

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moving Forward.

March 21, 2013 – Started Reading