Terri's Reviews > Skinny Bitch in Love

Skinny Bitch in Love by Kim Barnouin

it was ok

Great fun for Vegan folks but for those who aren't, prepare to be preached to and insulted in every chapter. The main characters entire identity is wrapped around the Vegan lifestyle and promoting it, which is great, unless yours is not. It was extremely hard to relate to such a judgemental character, and as a reader, I felt belittled at every turn.

On the other hand, I learned a lot about Vegan food and the advantages of such a diet. If being Vegan is your thing, this book will inspire you. Unfortunately, I wasn't inspired to even entertain giving it a try.

The love story has some sweet moments. The militant vegan falling for a capitalist cattle baron was practically expected to take place. It was interesting as they worked through their issues to find a way to be together, the main thing they seemed to share was based on a shallow sexual attraction. But in the end, love conquers all differences, and that made for a good ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skinny Bitch in Love.

March 21, 2013 – Started Reading
March 21, 2013 – Shelved
March 21, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Kiss of a sniper "prepare to be preached to and insulted in every chapter"

What is this? Absolutely not true, even a bit defamatory. Or maybe we read different books?

The book itself is more about daily relationships and food descriptions.

Terri We simply have a different point of view. The main character took great joy in insulting people who ate meat, or animal products. Flipping out at the very sight of a sign depicting a bull at a steak house was ridiculous. This was not a book I remotely enjoyed, but I'm glad you did.

Tracy I am vegan and try to stick to a whole foods diet. Even I found this book to be preachy. I didn't pick up on the insulting part but then again, I wasn't on the opposite end of the view point from the main character so I'm not sure that it would have registered.