Sheila 's Reviews > Loon: A Marine Story

Loon by Jack McLean

liked it
bookshelves: first-reads, biography

An very well written look at the Vietnam war through the eyes on one young Marine. I was born in the late 1960's, so was just a baby and toddler during Vietnam, but I have always been interested in this time period and in this war. Mr. McLean's book gives an insider's look at one part of this war, and shows with honesty what life was like before, during and after this time. All of our veteran's from Vietnam deserve our honor and respect, something they were not given when they returned home years ago. And all of our young men and women who are currently fighting our wars overseas also deserve our honor and respect. Their daily life serving as a soldier, both the Vietnam soldiers and the men and women serving today, is so different and so far removed from what the average American is experiencing at any given time. We need to remember the sacrifices they made and are making, and the horrors that they faced and are still now facing. Thank you for fighting for our country, Corporal McLean.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Loon.

May 19, 2009 – Shelved