Katie Corradino's Reviews > Grace Lost

Grace Lost by M. Lauryl Lewis

This book grabs your attention from the first page and doesn't let go! I was reeling when it ended and even tracked down the author to push for the release of the second book!
It has been months since I finished this book, the story and characters have been on my mind ever since. This is the reason I gave it five stars.
I don't understand how someone can give a book only one star simply because they didn't "like" the main character. All of the characters in this book are living in a post-apocalyptic zombie infested world. How can anyone pretend to know or predict the choices people would make or how they would react to finding themselves in certain situations? They simply can not!
The characters are very well developed, I felt like I knew them personally. Each personality is consistent throughout the story. Nothing is predictable but, they do make choices that are consistent with their personalities. The author kept them very true to themselves and didn't change any of their thoughts or actions to appease an audience and this is why they felt so real.
The settings are described with such detail that I could picture every event as though I were watching a movie. It takes talent to make you feel like you are there, in the middle of everything, observing as though your presence was unnoticed. In would recommend this story to anyone looking for an escape onto a completely unimaginable world with people that invoke emotions and thought well beyond the final page.
I am definitely along for the entire ride!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grace Lost.

Finished Reading