Kathryn Patterson's Reviews > Angels' Blood

Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh

bookshelves: fantasy, romance

"Angels' Blood" begins another one of my favorite series by author Nalini Singh. The Guild Hunter series occurs in another universe where angels not only exist, but basically rule the planet. The hierarchy goes:

- Archangels
- Angels
- Older or stronger Vampires
- Humans
- New or weak Vampires

Angels Make vampires; and I purposefully use the capital "M" here. The process of changing a human to a vampire is top secret; no humans know how it happens, only that the angels carefully screened candidates and not everyone is eligible. Also, a vampire agrees to a 100-year period of indentured servitude to the angel who Makes him. That's where are story begins.

Our protagonist, Elena, works as a vampire hunter for the Guild. The Guild licenses and manages the only legal vampire hunters in the world. They work for the angels, returning vampires who decide that they don't want to uphold their end of the contract and try to skip out on their masters.

Elena is the best vampire hunter out there.

While normally this would be good, her competence caught the attention of the archangels who rule the world - the Cadre of Ten. Now, Raphael, the Archangel of New York and ruler of the North American continent, needs Elena to do a private job - (view spoiler)

Ms. Singh weaves a beautiful story here, creating a wonderful new world and populating it with believable characters. I recommend this book to anyone who likes a good fantasy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels' Blood.

March 18, 2013 – Shelved