Rae's Reviews > The Immortal Highlander

The Immortal Highlander by Karen Marie Moning

it was ok

I'm pretty sick of saying the same thing...EVERY FREAKING ONE OF THESE BOOKS HAVE THE SAME FORMAT. Here's a summary of EVERY FREAKING BOOK IN THIS SERIES:

The heroine: an unsuspecting, blonde, beautiful, petite (except Circenn's wife), 20-something year old virgin has finally made a life for herself from her less than perfect upbringing. She can feel that her life's not perfect and there's something missing in it.

The hero: he's a six and a half foot, beautiful/handsome beyond belief, physically brawn, and more powerful than everyone around-alpha male. Let's not forget--he's also anatomically overly well endowed, with dark hair and dark eyes (except Daegus, who's eyes only turned dark when he used too much magic while he was possessed), and women swooned over him (the hero) everywhere he went. He is at the lowest point in his life.

The two meet, fall in love and conquer some crisis that will forever change the world if they don't stop it. Most of the books are 300-350 pages long. They usually have their first kiss somewhere around chapter 10-13ish; first sex within the LAST 75 pages (then proceed to couple/tup every chance they could) of the book; some event will cause her to loose him (death, time travel, misunderstanding, etc,...) within the last 50 pages of the book; she's bereft by the lose and grieves, and finally they find out they love each other within the last 15 pages of the book.

By this book, 'The Immortal Highlander' everyone from books 1-6 has had children.

I'm happy that Ms. Moning is a successful author. I'm happy that her cookie-cutter format works for her and so many of her followers. For myself, once I complete the bundle (books 1-7) which I'm determined to get my money's worth from, I doubt I would read or recommend Ms. Moning's Series to anyone.

Happy reading,

Rae

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Immortal Highlander.

Started Reading
March 18, 2013 – Shelved
March 18, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Alex is The Romance Fox I guess a lot of writers follow some kind of formula.....however, I did enjoy this series.
Nice and honest review:)

message 2: by Lyn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lyn I am SO GLAD that you wrote this review, voicing my exact thoughts. The characters are pretty much the same except for changes in name, which infuriates me. And all the five stars! I can't believe that we women don't demand more from this series. My one caveat is: I read the Fever series, which is much better, except the heroine drove me nuts in the first book. Once I got past that, the series earned its due. Thank you, thank you, for this spot-on review.