Lori's Reviews > Just for the Summer

Just for the Summer by Jenna Rutland

Mar 17, 2013

bookshelves: hot-guys, good-love-story

A short story about a young woman that gave her son up for adoption eight years ago and now she wants to know that her son is loved and with a caring family. Her only mission in the beginning was to just check and see if her son, Sam, was ok and happy...until she came across Sam's SINGLE dad, Matt. Matt is your typically hottie Sheriff that of course turns out to be irresistible.

This was a quick refreshing story. It took me about half a day to read (with interruptions) and moved at a nice pace. At times I found myself wishing it was longer with the story a bit more dragged out and the love scenes a lot more steamy. However, all in all it is a nice clean NC-17 book that gave steaming flirting a new name. I loved the banter between Matt and Dani and found myself disappointed when the book took a more serious turn.

There was ample angst and tragedy for the couple to overcome and the story progressed such that I didn't want to put it down. I give it a solid 3 stars and would recommend it for a quick filler between longer

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just for the Summer.