Shawna's Reviews > Claimed by the Wolf

Claimed by the Wolf by Charlene Teglia

3 ½ stars – Paranormal Romance/Erotica/Ménage/BDSM

Apprentice witch Sybil, frustrated and bored with being treated like a fledgling errand girl by her coven, goes looking for some action, buys a seemingly worthless, innocent book of magic at an estate sale, and inadvertently ends up opening a gate to the shadow realm that can unleash demons and possibly end the world. So what’s a witch to do to make things right again and save humanity? How about submitting to a big ol’ sex fest with five immortals who serve as the Shadow Guardians for the goddess Inanna in an elemental ritual that will unleash her power and bind her to their ancient brotherhood? Besides, how bad could it possibly be, living as a pampered, pleasured sexual plaything with five supernatural studs of varying, voracious sexual appetites?

This doesn’t have much of a plot and there’s minimal character development, but it does have loads of sex. Sybil and her quintet of paranormal paramours (a surly, brooding, tortured alpha werewolf, a flirtatious, jovial dragon with a tale that can do all kinds of kinky, naughty things, a devilishly sexy chaos demon with retractable black wings, a stoic two-thousand-year-old Roman centurion vampire, and an ethereal, elfin fae god with a proclivity for domination, bondage, and punishment) engage in a variety of sexual escapades and excesses: anal, voyeurism, exhibitionism, ménage, and mild BDSM play. Of course, even though she has to sexually submit to all five guardians (individually and together when requested), only one can ultimately claim Sybil as their mate, and you can probably guess from the book’s title (no spoiler warning necessary here) which immortal warrior wins that coveted spot?

So if you’re in the mood for an uncomplicated paranormal erotic romance that doesn’t have much depth but does have plenty of steamy sex, then this story of a nympho witch ‘getting it on’ hot and heavy with five supernatural, immortal hunks might be a “good read” for you. 3 ½ stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claimed by the Wolf.

message 1: by Dina (last edited Jan 01, 2010 04:25PM) (new)

Dina "So what’s a witch to do to make things right again and save humanity? How about submitting to a big ol’ sex fest with five immortals..."

Oh well, if it's for the benefit of all mankind... LOL, this one is too "out there" for my taste.

Shawna LOL, must have orgy to save the world...riiiiight!

Laurie Garrison I have this one my BAM wish list and almost bought it this month, I so glad I waited, Thanks to your review I will skip this one...

message 4: by Shawna (last edited Jan 01, 2010 06:15PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shawna Laurie wrote: "I have this one my BAM wish list and almost bought it this month, I so glad I waited, Thanks to your review I will skip this one..."

I hear ya; it was an okay read, but not quite as good as I'd hoped and there was so much sex that it actually got a bit monotonous.

message 5: by Tina (new)

Tina So... a werewolf, a dragon, a fairy, a demon, a vampire and a witch all get it on? Together? That's just excessive.

message 6: by Rane (new)

Rane Tina wrote: "So... a werewolf, a dragon, a fairy, a demon, a vampire and a witch all get it on? Together? That's just excessive."

don't forget the kitchen sink!

Great Review Shawna, sounds more like a quickie read and no much else

Lady of the Lake A fun review! Well done! I like the cover boy tho... But when it's all heavy sex and very light on plot or development it does get to be 'enough already'! Thanks for taking the time to review!

Shawna Tina wrote: "So... a werewolf, a dragon, a fairy, a demon, a vampire and a witch all get it on? Together? That's just excessive."

Actually, she gets with them all separately and then sometimes for a menage, but there's no male on male action.

***Possible spoiler warning***

There's not really a one-to-six orgy, but there is a type of "ceremony" at the end where they all sort of come together, but it's not detailed or graphic. So it's mostly just the heroine having sex with five different men individually or in a menage capacity.

Shawna Rane wrote: "Great Review Shawna, sounds more like a quickie read and no much else"

Thanks, Rane! Yep, it was good for exactly that! :)

message 10: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Great Review! But I think I will skip it .... :)

Shawna Thanks, Claudia!