Gabic Reads's Reviews > The Kings of Charleston

The Kings of Charleston by Kat H. Clayton

Mar 14, 2013

bookshelves: for-review-blog-tour, reviewed-2013

Original review on Gabic Reads as part of The Kings of Charleston Blog Tour

It took me a while to get into The Kings of Charleston, but once I did, I was addicted. Casper is not your typical heiress. She could do without the clothes and the parties and the expensive cars as long as she still has her horses. The Kentucky farm and the horses are all that really matter. So when her father decides to move the family to Charleston, South Carolina, Casper doesn't know what to do. She's leaving everything she's ever known behind in Lexington, Kentucky.

When Casper meets Cal, sparks fly. I enjoyed them as a couple. The romance didn't feel forced or fast. Casper's incessant Twilight references did get on my nerve (those of you who read my review of Twilight on Monday know why).

Mystery, intrigue, and tension can be found in plentiful amounts in this book. From the moment I saw the name, I wanted to know what Kythera was. I was right there with Casper as she investigated every clue she could find. I loved it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kings of Charleston.

March 14, 2013 – Shelved