Kelley Anne's Reviews > Tempting the Beast

Tempting the Beast by Lora Leigh

May 14, 2009

it was ok
bookshelves: 2009, fantasy

I was really disappointed in this book. I had several people recommend the series to me, but I just didn't really enjoy it too much. I think that the world, and situation that Leigh created has some amazing potential. This book could have been filled with great suspense, action, and grab your attention material. Instead, I felt that she wrote some great love scenes and then just added some filler to explain those scenes. It was definetly a guilty pleasure read, but I need some more story to sink my teeth into!

Also, the leading man, Callan drove me crazy! At the start of the book he seemed pretty sexy. Had this whole teasing, playful act going on. But then he just got so completely dominering. I don't mind a little bit of that attitude, the whole "mine" attitude. But he just seemed to take it way too far! He just wanted her to submit to him in every way. That bugged me! I was happy to see that Merinus didn't really put up with that. She did a pretty good job of standing up for herself.

I already have the next 2 books from the library, so I'll probably give them a try, see if things get any better. If not, I certainly wont be reading the other 15 books in the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempting the Beast.