Baba 's Reviews > Destiny Calls

Destiny Calls by Samantha Wayland

And another one bites the dust…DNF at 43 %

photo tumblr_mj8oa5obQd1qdcjgao1_500_zps615384a5.gif

Destiny Calls has a very high average rating, therefore it's probably me and not the book, so don't mind my little Baba rant. I will refrain from writing a synopsis because I prefer to get down to business right away.

Plenty of things ticked me off. Here we go…

The repetitiveness of:

Sweet Jesus
Sweet fu@king Jesus
Holy Jesus
Sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph
for being 'into freaky Jesus shit'
You walk with Jesus
For Christ's sweet sake
Christ on a crutch

photo tumblr_m1y0ykjj5y1rorsg3o1_500_zps2fbae037.gif

NOT. *sigh* Please, please spare me. This is overkill. *rolls eyes*

Patrick's transition from acting freaked out to really wanting Brandon was kind of astounding, to say the least. Whew. Now that was a speedy decision and so not believable.

Finally Patrick's co@k slid free of the confining cotton and Brandon's eyes locked onto it, his brain came to a grinding halt.
Whoa.
Brandon knew his mouth hung open, but he couldn't help it. He'd never seen anything like it. His gaze was riveted on the longest, thickest co@k he'd ever seen.
Whoa.

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Think about taking it up your ass, Brandon. *rolls eyes again*

Holy fu@king shit.
(…)
Patrick stood close in the tight space, checking his gun and tightening the straps on his Kevlar vest. The pull of Patrick's tight shirt over thick muscle caught Brandon's attention. The shoulder holster made Patrick's already impressive chest seem impossibly wide and for a moment, he just stared.

Yes, Brandon, that's a very good idea. Your staring contest could be deadly.

Thick-muscled strength through his shoulders and down his flanks, across his tightly ridged belly and into his thighs. He was just a really big, strong man. And he had the big, thick co@k to go with it.

So, yeah, you see I've had to deal with really massive erections and really, really big co@ks and really, really thick-muscled guys. Strong guys. Very virile guys who had to handle very long and thick shafts. I'm not quite sure if you know what I mean. Maybe I should spell it out for you?

"My god, you're beautiful," Patrick groaned.

Aaaand here comes the nodding co@k head...

photo tumblr_m5y0ydQ9b21qbaj4uo1_500_zps1b3f4a58.gif

Patrick's mouth went bone-dry and he licked his lips, trying to revive their moisture. Brandon's co@k nodded in response, sending a bolt of arousal straight down his spine and into his balls.
Duh, who would have guessed? I'm sure that the bolt of arousal wouldn't go straight to your feet. I apologize for being sarcastic but I couldn't help the little potshot.

"Sweet fu@king Jesus, Patrick." (…)
"I thought…I mean, I'd guessed that you'd be…I'd seen enough in the locker room, but I never…" Fu@kin' A.

photo tumblr_mbia4j9oU91r8w0joo1_400_zpscaa7f3fb.gif

photo tumblr_ma8p7cDe2A1rbrwnpo1_500_zps2c4497b5.gif

"Some women can't…um…enjoy…I can hurt them. I bump against the end of their vagina, against their cervix, and that can hurt. (…)

I'm impressed. You have one seriously big co@k, Patrick. Well, I can be a little bit slow on the uptake now and then but after reading it again and again, I'm sure that I've got it down pat.

What I found beyond believable was the fact that Brandon took a very severe (view spoiler) Well, anything for a "good" fu@k.

photo tumblr_m684o9h7j31rwcc6bo1_500_zpsd86dcc6e.gif

Fu@k. There weren't words currently in the English language that could describe what Brandon could do with his mouth. His tongue.

Uh-huh…hold your horses, Patrick.

Round, soft hips that tucked into a small waist beneath a long, strong back and full, pouting breasts.

*confused* I checked my boobs but they do not pout. I'm sorry if that was too much information but I found it quite ridiculous.

Brandon's moan echoed through him to clutch at his balls.

Ouch.

I have read and absolutely devoured Hurt and Destiny Calls can't hold a candle to Varian Krylov's Hurt. As a matter of fact, these two books are worlds apart. The writing of Destiny Calls is rather brash and cheesy at times and never grabbed me. Besides, I did not feel the chemistry between the three MCs and last but not least I could never warm up to Patrick, Brandon and Des. I'm sorry for being so straightforward but it was just blah and the more I read the less I was convinced that I would finish the book. As it was, my interest just petered out.

In the end I suppose my destiny was to DNF Destiny Calls.

If you want to read a fabulous love triangle then I recommend you to check out
Hurt

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destiny Calls.

Started Reading
March 1, 2013 – Finished Reading
March 12, 2013 – Shelved
March 13, 2013 –
0.0% " photo Bildschirmfoto2013-03-08um185614_zps84440169.png\n After reading Varian Krylov's Hurt I couldn't resist..."
March 14, 2013 –
20.0% " photo tumblr_mbqms85M3t1rcfv57o1_500.gif\n Not sure yet if this is really going to work out for me. I don't feel their chemistry and the writing is rather brash. I'll keep reading though."
March 14, 2013 –
30.0% "Patrick cleared his throat and Brandon winced, looking up to find Patrick looking decidedly amused. Christ, he'd just been caught drooling over his partner at a police raid. Time to get a grip. *facepalm* Really? And I can't hear the Jesus H. Christ and Christ etc. etc. anymore. How many times do you want to repeat that?"
March 15, 2013 –
43.0% " photo tumblr_ly0t7a78op1r04xe5o1_500_zpsbfb76a42.gif\n DNF. Sorry but I have to say it…Jesus H. Christ…long and thick (you know what I mean)…hard-muscled review to come…*insert major eye roll moment*"
March 15, 2013 – Shelved as: rolls-eyes
March 15, 2013 – Shelved as: erotica-or-erotic-romance
March 15, 2013 – Shelved as: dnf
March 15, 2013 – Shelved as: m-m-m
July 6, 2013 – Shelved as: bored-out-of-my-mind
July 17, 2013 – Shelved as: books-everyone-loved-but-baba
April 20, 2014 – Shelved as: one-star-reads
July 10, 2015 – Shelved as: trees-died-for-this-crap

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)

Wendy I read this one last year, and I looooved it. These sexy cops are intense!

Baba  Wendy wrote: "I read this one last year, and I looooved it. These sexy cops are intense!"

It has a very high average rating. Must be good. At least I hope so. :)

Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books Baba wrote: "Wendy wrote: "I read this one last year, and I looooved it. These sexy cops are intense!"

It has a very high average rating. Must be good. At least I hope so. :)"

Baba, I hope you like it! I loved it read it 3 times LOL

Baba  Sandra wrote: "Baba wrote: "Wendy wrote: "I read this one last year, and I looooved it. These sexy cops are intense!"

It has a very high average rating. Must be good. At least I hope so. :)"

Baba, I hope you li..."

3 times? Wow, then it must be good, Sandra. :)

message 5: by Mo (new)

Mo I have been sometimes disappointed with some of the books I read with high-average ratings - my expectations were too high I suppose.

Baba  Mo wrote: "I have been sometimes disappointed with some of the books I read with high-average ratings - my expectations were too high I suppose."

I know what you mean and I did have very high expectations for this book but so far I feel bummed.

message 7: by Dd (new)

Dd Sorry you did not like the book but I loved the review.Amazing review Baba!!:))

David - proud Gleeman in Branwen's adventuring party Hoping your next read is much, much gooder!

message 9: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Yikes! A quick visit with Toreth & Warrick should bring you right back where you want to be!

message 10: by xrysa (new) - added it

xrysa That's an honest review Baba!
I hope you like better your next book :)

message 11: by Cindy (new)

Cindy *removes from to-read list*

Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books I loved your honest review. You crack me up. And I'm sorry you hated it :(

message 13: by * Meli Mel * (new)

* Meli Mel * Sorry It didn't work out for you. But I loved your review haha! :)

message 14: by Bibek (new)

Bibek Thapa Had me laughing from start to finish :D
Great review as always, Baba

Baba  Dd wrote: "Sorry you did not like the book but I loved the review.Amazing review Baba!!:))"

I'm sorry too, D. And thank you. :))

Baba  David wrote: "Hoping your next read is much, much gooder!"

Thank you, David. I hope so too. Well, I'm back to Manna Francis. Everything should be all right again. ;-)

If you don't mind my asking...gooder? I would have said better. Which one is correct?

Baba  Sheri wrote: "Yikes! A quick visit with Toreth & Warrick should bring you right back where you want to be!"

You are so right, Sheri. I'm back to TA. I'm about to start Gee. :)

Baba  kristina wrote: "That's an honest review Baba!
I hope you like better your next book :)"

Thank you, Kristina. I'm pretty sure that my next book will be more to my liking. ;-)

Baba  Cindy wrote: "*removes from to-read list*

Thanks for helping us dodge that bullet & taking one for the team. You are such a star. ;-)"

Thank you, Cindy. Now and then I do not mind to take one for the team. ;-)

message 20: by Macky (new)

Macky Pouting breasts... Wow!! Mine are drooping and if they could emote would be sobbing ..... for the loss of gravitation! Lol:D

Baba  Sandra wrote: "I loved your honest review. You crack me up. And I'm sorry you hated it :("

I hope there are no hard feelings, Sandra. I did not hate it but I certainly did not like it either. It wasn't my cuppa, that's all. :)

Baba  Meli Kyle *Ty and Zane's Creeper* wrote: "Sorry It didn't work out for you. But I loved your review haha! :)"

Thank you, Meli. It's always a disappointment when I'm reading a book with such a high average rating and then I end up feeling utterly bummed. Oh well, we cannot win them all, can we. :)

Bèbè ✦ RANT  ✦ Pouting breasts... Hahahaha I just had to check mine. ignore my comment. But still a great review, as always!

Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books Baba wrote: "Sandra wrote: "I loved your honest review. You crack me up. And I'm sorry you hated it :("

Oh my Baba no hard feelings at all. It was my 1st m/m/f maybe why I liked it so much. And believe me when i say its not even top 20 after some of the ones Ive read lately. It's why we have this lovely site to find new things and meet new people for their awesome reviews to guide us along on the book trail. :)

Baba  Sandra wrote: "Baba wrote: "Sandra wrote: "I loved your honest review. You crack me up. And I'm sorry you hated it :("

*wipes eyebrows* Thank you, Sandra. I just decided recently that I will check out books that I've read before I joined GR and I will edit my ratings. Many books that I've rated with five stars just don't deserve the high rating. Gotta change that subito!

message 26: by Susan (new)

Susan Yowza. Sorry it didn't work for you, Baba! Here's to the next book being a winner! :)

Baba  Bèbè wrote: "Pouting breasts... Hahahaha I just had to check mine. ignore my comment. But still a great review, as always!"

I hope everything is all right with your boobs, Bèbè. ;-))
Sorry, I couldn't help it. :))

Baba  Macky wrote: "Pouting breasts... Wow!! Mine are drooping and if they could emote would be sobbing ..... for the loss of gravitation! Lol:D"

Lol You crack me up, Macky!! :))))

Baba  Bibek wrote: "Had me laughing from start to finish :D
Great review as always, Baba"

Thank you, Bibek. Glad I could entertain you. ;-)

Blacky *Romance Addict* OMG Baba!!! ahahahahahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahhaha

Absolutely awesome review and OMG I can't stop laughing, the nodding c*ck did me in ahahahahahahahahahahhahah

whoa whoa whoa what a book ahahhahhahahhahah

KindleRomance Reviews Bummer Baba!! Sorry you didn't enjoy it:-(

Baba  Susan wrote: "Yowza. Sorry it didn't work for you, Baba! Here's to the next book being a winner! :)"

Thanks, Susan. I'm back to TA. :))

message 33: by Bèbè ✦ RANT ✦ (last edited Mar 15, 2013 09:03AM) (new) - added it

Bèbè ✦ RANT  ✦ Baba wrote: "I hope everything is all right with your boobs, Bèbè. ;-))
Sorry, I coul..."

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

that hurt gif photo: tumblr_mh48fdMKkl1s2n59ao5_250_zpse6be53ef.gif

message 34: by Mei (new)

Mei Hahahahahhhaaaaa Baba!!! LMAO
Nodding c*ocks... pouting boobs... What next? LMAO

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

:(:( Hope your next book is better :)

Nodding cock and pouting breasts lol !
Great review !

This just got added to my hell no shelf!

message 36: by D.G. (new)

D.G. LOL Baba! Great review! I think all of us will looking at our (view spoiler) to see if they pout!!! HAHAHAHAHA!

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) Great review as always Baba!! I'm not sure if I'm going to read this one...

message 38: by Airah ♔ (new)

Airah ♔ Feel free to rant, Baba! I don't mind because I loved it! Your review actually sounds more enjoyable than the book itself! lols

message 39: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole Ha...when I saw your DNF, I thought to myself, "Baba just needs a thumbs up or thumbs down picture." And lookeeee there! You have one! LOLs...onward!!!!!!!

message 40: by Kristen (new)

Kristen And another one bites the dust…DNF at 43 %

Ohhhh...cleverly said, Baba. Love it. You know I'm now going to have Queen's song, Another One Bites the Dust, in my head all day today, right?! LOL

Sorry this book was such a bust. On to the next...

Kelly| Just Another Horror Reader Very entertaining review, B! I think my favorite part was when you said you checked your boobs to see if they pout! LOL!!!!!! Of course I'm sorry it was such a disappointing read, though, sweets. :)

Bark  |  Ladies Of Horror Fiction Oh my, thanks for sparing the rest of us this torture.

Baba  Blacky wrote: "OMG Baba!!! ahahahahahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahhaha

whoa whoa whoa what a book..."

Baba  Kris (KindleRomance) wrote: "Bummer Baba!! Sorry you didn't enjoy it:-("

Yep, it was a bummer, Kris. I'm back in a good place though. :)

Baba  Bèbè wrote: "Baba wrote: "I hope everything is all right with your boobs, Bèbè. ;-))
Sorry, I coul..."

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

"

Haha...I wouldn't dare, Bèbè. :))

Baba  Mei wrote: "Hahahahahhhaaaaa Baba!!! LMAO
Nodding c*ocks... pouting boobs... What next? LMAO"

Dunno. Weeping pussies...maybe? :))

Baba  Karen wrote: ":(:( Hope your next book is better :)

Nodding cock and pouting breasts lol !
Great review !

This just got added to my hell no shelf!"

Thank you, Karen. Yes, my next read was way better. Very short but good nonetheless. Wow, you have a hell-no shelf??

Baba  D.G. wrote: "LOL Baba! Great review! I think all of us will looking at our [spoilers removed] to see if they pout!!! HAHAHAHAHA!"

Thank you, D.G. I hope yours are all right. One never knows...hehe... ;-)

Baba  Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "Great review as always Baba!! I'm not sure if I'm going to read this one..."

Thank you, Heather. As I mentioned in my review this might as well be another case of it's me and not the book. So...good luck!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Baba wrote: "LOL Your comment made me laugh out loud, Blacky! It was actually more fun than the book. Hey, I just added another gif. I should dedicate it to you, my dear. :)))
"