Dominic's Reviews > Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny!

Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins

17792081

I read just about everything Anthony released but Awaken the Giant is my favorite. I first read this book in the early 90's and since then Tony Robbins has released more books and more audio systems but the principles are still the same. This book was my introduction to Neuro Linguistic Programming which proves effective if you practice it (I emphasize if). Tony speaks a lot about his own experiences also and some of the struggles he faced growing up which allows the reader to make comparisons to their current situation. The only thing I should stress about this book is that it will not provide you a system in finding what you should be doing or should be in life. Tony has many tools in the book to assist you in taking action towards your goals but I've found that the search for what you should be doing is really up to you. The only reason why I say this is that I have read reviews in the past where people walk away disappointed because they have a lot of fuel and no car to put it in. Such as life, it's up to us to get the car. I do recommend this book though. It was very beneficial.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awaken the Giant Within.

Finished Reading
March 11, 2013 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Academic Eric This goes well with The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People then. Tony Robbins interviewed Stephen Covey and turned me on to his material. The great thing about this other book is that it talks about how to find what is your mission and goals, or the car and where you are going, and how to integrate that with the rest of your life and relationships.