Jennifer Stephens's Reviews > The Meat Free Monday Cookbook

The Meat Free Monday Cookbook by Annie Rigg

did not like it
bookshelves: reviewed

0/5 stars.

This cookbook has helped me realize that what the common review and rating systems are missing is the ability to give a book negative stars.

Meat Free Monday Cookbook is like that sexy hipster fellow who talks smart and looks sharp but is pretty dull and lacking soul when you get him talking. To quote another reviewer from Amazon, "This is one of the most sensible (and appetizing) vegetarian cookbooks I have ever read". So as far as purchasing cookbooks for reading, hey, A+++. The problem results when you attempt to actually cook something from the book. I am pretty skilled in the kitchen and every single recipe I have made from tMFM Cookbook has been bland and just beyond the pale of yuck. I was finally driven to write this angry review after making the meatless ale pie concoction (from the winter menu section). It was so disgusting that those of us who were unfortunate enough to take the first bites gave into our instinct to spit it out full stop immediately. And now we are going out to dinner, but because I care about you considerably dear reader I am taking a moment to write this review RIGHT NOW before we head out the door.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Meat Free Monday Cookbook.

March 11, 2013 – Started Reading