Debbie Morrison's Reviews > Learning Identities in a Digital Age: Creativity and Learning in Challenging Times

Learning Identities in a Digital Age by Avril Loveless

bookshelves: education

The book "Learning Identifies in a Digital Age: Rethinking Creativity, Education and Technology" is thought provoking and rich with concepts and research about the relationship between education and technology, and its influence on learner identity. Released in February 2013 as part of Routledge publishing's ‘changing times in education series’, I've been challenged by this book. It brings forth the issues that I don't always consider, but should when reading and writing about the technological applications and platforms that education institutions are embracing and promoting, i.e. MOOCs, machine grading, social media in education etc. I am not opposed to progress and innovation by any means, but I am concerned about the long-term implications for learners, and high school and higher education in general. I've found this book helpful for guiding my thinking about these issues; it focuses on one important aspect, learning identities. It examines how learners see themselves, and how they are influenced and shaped by factors not within their control.

I've gone into further depth about this book in this post on my blog, http://wp.me/p1N30w-20u.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Learning Identities in a Digital Age.

March 11, 2013 – Started Reading